Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Thank you gentlemen. Here's another photo which was taken by visitor of the airshow, which proved to be the owner of the vintage boutique in Prague
10150598_295400747308708_3457926997417256032_n.jpg
10440690_295400857308697_2524384562753956894_n.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
This is what I was wearing on Saturday when I performed at the 10th Annual Cigar Box Guitar Festival in Huntsville, Alabama. This is an event that I founded, but hadn't actually performed at in several years.
Not my usual look, but keeping with the rural Southern heritage of the homamade instrument. Here I'm playing a cigar box mandola and a cookie tin banjo.
10356354_10201903938991367_1117079943310570634_n.jpg
10388131_10201903937831338_8662008919353304928_n.jpg

Microwave Dave wishes he looked as cool as you.:cool:
I saw an article in the news down here about that fest. Looked like a good thing.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Microwave Dave wishes he looked as cool as you.:cool:
I saw an article in the news down here about that fest. Looked like a good thing.

Funny you should say that. I had four people mistake me for Dave on Saturday, which he got a tremendous kick out of. When he finally did show up, a couple of people insisted on a photo of us together.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's me & my son, wearing his first suit - made by a tailor in Ilford in 1963. It's a bit too big for him but still looks good and he'll soon grow into it:

father-amp-son_zps16dddbc5.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Great! I think the first suit is a very nice rite of passage for teenagers, that has unfortunately fell largely into disuse.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I went to my granddaughter's field day today. My Dad was principal at the school where my granddaughter goes (and where my children and I went also). In memory of my Dad, I wore one of his old ties from the 1960's, as well as one of his old tie pins and his old wristwatch. Many was the time my Dad walked the sidelines of this football field for ballgames and other school events. Every time I'm at the school, I can still "see" him there. It's both a good memory and a sad one too.

I received several comments from other parents and grandparents who remembered my Dad, saying, "you look just like Mr. Brown." I never get tired of hearing those words.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Personally I quite like the billowing skirts to it. I think I will see about having copies of it made so I can have more and so it doesn't get worn out.
I'm a big fan of that too. Let me know when you're having copies made, I might be interested in buying one. (Or a few...)

RW Observer

New in Town
Hello all, it was a bit warm today so I did not wear the jacket today. Unfortunately I still do not have a decent camera so I cannot regularly photograph my outfits. I may on occasion post a screenshot from my reviews, which I film regularly.

View attachment 14688

I went to my granddaughter's field day today. My Dad was principal at the school where my granddaughter goes (and where my children and I went also). In memory of my Dad, I wore one of his old ties from the 1960's, as well as one of his old tie pins and his old wristwatch. Many was the time my Dad walked the sidelines of this football field for ballgames and other school events. Every time I'm at the school, I can still "see" him there. It's both a good memory and a sad one too.

I received several comments from other parents and grandparents who remembered my Dad, saying, "you look just like Mr. Brown." I never get tired of hearing those words.

Wonderful picture - you and your granddaughter look great.

I completely understand the "good memory and a sad one too," as my Dad passed away several decades ago and when something evokes his memory - it can be a place like your school, or a phrase he used, or even a photo (like you, he was a big man and dressed traditionally his whole life, so your photo's always evoke a memory for me) - it is good to remember, but as you said, sad to be reminded of the loss.

Time and effort on my part has made it manly good and rarely very sad. Interestingly, the root of the word nostalgia is from the Greek words "homecoming" and "pain or ache." Fits our feelings exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo