Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
What would you call the type of fabric used on this shirt?

it's actually modern linen chambray.
chambray typically has a coloured warp and white weft, which gives it the flecky look:

ScreenShot2014-06-17at200002_zps5b798f8d.png

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Excellent, Metropd. Everything fits very well, and you appear be naturally wearing it. I agree, the hat is very nice. I like pale grey fedoras with black ribbons. I have one, although mine has a lower crown and a narrower brim.

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
My brother's tiki-themed graduation party is today, so I'm going tropical. 50's trousers, 40's shirt (possibly early 50's?) and 30's sunglasses. The shirt, featuring those BOLD roosters, is made of the absolute silkiest, most finely-draping rayon I've ever felt. It's got huge mother of pearl buttons, and at one point had triangular shaped shoulder pads (like little pillows made of the same rooster fabric) that were hanging by a thread when I bought the shirt, so I removed them. Plus, they made me look like a football player... The shirt also has those big square pockets at the bottom front, like your typical 40's sportcoat. The shirt is made by Ceeb of Miami. I wonder if there is a matching pair of trunks floating around somewhere.........

ceeb1.jpg

ceeb2.jpg

That shirt is an absolute knockout Hyena Stomp. I love the fighting cock theme, very 40s/50s Cuban flair to it. Works great with the slacks and tee.
Would you post it up in the Hawaiian shirt thread also?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
That shirt is an absolute knockout Hyena Stomp. I love the fighting cock theme, very 40s/50s Cuban flair to it. Works great with the slacks and tee.
Would you post it up in the Hawaiian shirt thread also?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Yes, I certainly will! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo