Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here are some recent outfits:
IMG_4839_zpsf4931d75.jpg

IMG_4837_zpsad780f7d.jpg

IMG_4836_zps06a4f0db.jpg

IMG_4834_zps5ce5fe5e.jpg

IMG_4830_zps15a686cd.jpg

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Good outfits. I have a soft spot for jackets with a flap on the breast pocket, and that last tie is awesome.

It is a tab collar on the second pic, right?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Those first two jackets are over the moon!!!

Cheers. They are probably from the 1960s or even 1970s but were made for older men, not for fashionable young men. The jacket with the breast pocket flap was originally from Dunn & Co who, up until a few years back, had a shop in every town in England. Their customers were mature men with no interest in fashion, hence that jacket is closer to a hacking jacket from 1930 than it is to any other jacket made in 1975 (or whenever it was).

Hal

Practically Family
They are probably from the 1960s or even 1970s but were made for older men, not for fashionable young men. The jacket with the breast pocket flap was originally from Dunn & Co who, up until a few years back, had a shop in every town in England. Their customers were mature men with no interest in fashion, hence that jacket is closer to a hacking jacket from 1930 than it is to any other jacket made in 1975 (or whenever it was).
Dunn & Co - they "died" in about 1990 - sold excellent clothes of the type you describe. Breast-pocket flaps were indeed occasionally found in the 1970s.
What are the three overcoats? Is the first one double-breasted and belted? That style is described in an early posting by herringbonekid as "bullet-resistant" and is excellent for serious cold-weather wear.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The three coats are (from the top):

Belted and double breasted camel-hair overcoat. Made in the UK for a store in Bermuda. Probably 1950s/60s
Double Breasted 'King Coat' from Harrods. My guess would be fortes or fifties.
'British Warm' overcoat by Dunn and Co. Probably 1970s.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
If you strive for the look of the era... please get a hair-cut and shorten down the sides. It will make a big difference.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Cheers. Round and about ... the two jackets came from 'Old Hat' (David Saxby's shop in Fulham) a few years back. The coats are charity shop and vintage market finds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy