Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I love the jacket... shoes... but jeans don't go with everything.

DSC01867.jpg

I'm am pretty sure you were the best dressed guy within the area though.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Jerekson said:
Come come you guys, there's no need to make the guy feel bad for wearing a pair of blue jeans.

At the risk of being contentious -- a risk I always think that I am going to avoid on web boards, and never do! -- I agree with Jerekson. "Dressing up" blue jeans on weekends with nice jackets, shirts, and shoes is standard practice for many on the menswear boards. It's surprisingly ubiquitous in the "Trad" forum of one board, where mixing Levis and J. Press is no big deal at all. Now, I grant you that the ubiquity of jeans in society can be a little much, and they are often thoughtlessly worn; but there is no denying that they are classic in their way, and a truly versatile piece of clothing (one reason for their over-popularity, I suppose).

So that photo of Lucky Strike didn't hit me in any negative way, particularly in the context of his overall portfolio of photos. Would the outfit have looked good with flannels too? Of course. Did it look bad the way it was? Not at all!

Marty M.

Vendor
I'm not worthy.

Lucky Strike said:
Catching up; the last few days at work before Christmas:

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

Daks suit, SB3B, one vent
TM Lewin shirt
Cordings tie
Generic white pocket square
Swedish silver/enamel art deco cufflinks, hallmarked for 1932
Emayer steel watch
Santoni wholecuts

DSC01632.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

Hackett suit, SB3B, one vent
Rochas shirt
RL tie
TM Lewin pocket square
Silver/MOP cufflinks, probably fifties
Fifties Longines Sport Chief, steel
No photo; Loake Twynings half-brogues, chestnut

Sunday:

DSC01724.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

DSC01727.jpg

Dunn & Co vintage tweed jacket, SB2B, two vents
Corneliani button-down shirt
Thrifted silk scarf
Johnstons of Elgin sweater
Dunn & Co overcoat, my dad's
Omega, gold, fifties
Generic corduroys, slim cut
Antonio Maurizi pseudo-brogues

I don't know Mr. Lucky Strike, but I do know that he's has in my oppinion, the most sophisticated style that I've seen on the internet. My own outfits absolutly pale in comparison. This gentleman mixes different Genre's and he mixes old and new pieces in a non-challent manner. All of these mixes flow seamlessly into outstanding outfits. Bravo to you Sir.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Lucky Strike [IMG said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/sluttstykke/styleforum/DSC01867.jpg[/IMG]

Some guy's try to do the sport coat and jean look and fail horribly. Not this guy. He "Nailed" it.
Marty

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Today's outfit is a reprise/slight variation of what I wore for a couple hours "out" on Saturday. Because I liked it the first time and had it on so briefly.

Light gray checked sportcoat with black tones
Black gabardine cuffed trousers
Marshall Field's French blue French cuff point collar shirt
Navy patterned tie with light blue, gold, and white tones
Black leather belt with silver buckle and tip
Navy patterned pocket square
Egg-shaped cufflinks with scalloped silver edge and blue striated stones
Swiss Army watch with black band
Armani Mania cologne
Black paisley OTC socks
Black kiltie tassel loafers
Black double-breasted topcoat
Black leather gloves
Jos. Bank black and gold scarf
Black wide-brim fedora
5-eyelet Bean duck boots for the muck (these have brown uppers, as opposed to my 6-eyelet and 3-eyelet Beans, which have tan uppers)

Marty M.

Vendor
Todays outfit.

Today I kept the store closed so I could take the Christmas displays down. So I was able to go casual. Custom Sport Coat, Medium brown Cashmere turtleneck, Silk Brown w/blue pocket square, all Wool Italian made Scarf, Italian made gloves, Brown Suede belt, Levi jeans and Allen Edmond Suede Monk Strap shoes.
Happy New Year.
Marty Mathis

P1010135.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010131.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010151-1.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010141-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Marty M. said:
Today I kept the store closed so I could take the Christmas displays down. So I was able to go casual. Custom Sport Coat, Medium brown Cashmere turtleneck, Silk Brown w/blue pocket square, all Wool Italian made Scarf, Italian made gloves, Brown Suede belt, Levi jeans and Allen Edmond Suede Monk Strap shoes.
Happy New Year.
Marty Mathis

P1010135.jpg
[/IMG]

I dig your style, dude. Why dont I see more men wearing nice scarves? I got a silk one back in college from Banana Repbulic. And still wear it among others. I love the fact that I can spruce up my look and still be somewhat pragmatic about it.
ps. what is the fly fishing lapel pin???? What a great touch.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_4230.jpg

Black winter cap
'60s/'70s Field and Stream melton wool and mouton coat (not my favorite style, but it sure is warm)
New field and Stream plaid shirt
black LLbean jeans

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
For those who have requested me to get on the ball and start taking pictures: Well, I still haven't got the right photographic equipment or skills, but I do have this professional portrait taken a couple of years ago. I dislike photographs of myself generally, but I can stand this one. My hair has grayed considerably since this was taken! :)

I do look like a bond trader.

2673254910102775237S600x600Q85.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Marty M. said:
Happy New Year.
Marty Mathis

P1010135.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010131.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010151-1.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010141-1.jpg
[/IMG]
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Maybe 2008 will bring MartyMathis.com?!!:D