Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks! The shawl collar is a Cushman Japan repro.

This was the ground floor of a former hotel in Butte that Teddy Roosevelt supposedly spoke from the balcony of in 1903. It's currently for lease for a temptingly low price. Otherwise, spent today combing all the antique and thrift shops in Butte and yesterday exploring the side streets of Anaconda.

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Today, I got some stuff at the thrift store. I got some ties, and I also found this Harris Tweed sport coat (there was also another one made in NJ I think, but I didn't have enough cash with me. I will return tomorrow to get it too.)

The tie bar in the pictures I got at a thrift store last week. I'm guessing it's from the 40s?

The Tie
jvYNZX3.jpg

gIydfpF.jpg

y4tEjxi.jpg

The whole outfit.
bR1sVdF.jpg

e8jmgKi.jpg

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Today, I went back to the thrift store, and got the other jacket which said New Jersey on it. It turns out that it was made for a store in New Jersey, not made in New Jersey. It is made by Stanley Blacker, for the Florence Shop in Bergenfield New Jersey. I'm not sure when it's from. I'm guessing it's from the 1960s, but I could be wrong.

The tie is a Custom Collection Van Heusen, probably from the 50s, or early 60s. I got it at a thrift store a few weeks back. :)

Also, I am wearing a Swank tie bar I got at a thrift store a few weeks back, and a Duck lapel pin which I got last week at a thrift store. Interestingly, the Duck lapel pin says JH on the back. I wonder when it's from?

hXmvF2p.jpg

50j0vmR.jpg

iNHN2Ov.jpg

The Stanley Blacker jacket labels.
TTzK3eg.jpg

KbjzPpW.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
You look great Dinerman. Lovely smart-but-casual look (and I don't mean smart-casual!) I particularly like you cap. Has the brim been broken to give that shape or is it in the style of the cap?

Thanks! It's not broken, just shaped a bit through some pretty heavy wear. Not quite to this extreme, but the same basic idea.

Nice cardigan DM! As much as I want to start wearing sweaters again, it is way too hot, and that image is making me sweat. I will be following suit once the weather cools down though.
Cheers!
Dan
It's heating back up a bit, but we had a stretch last week of low 60s in the day and 30s at night. Beats the high 90s they were having in NYC last week.

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
Today, I went back to the thrift store, and got the other jacket which said New Jersey on it. It turns out that it was made for a store in New Jersey, not made in New Jersey. It is made by Stanley Blacker, for the Florence Shop in Bergenfield New Jersey. I'm not sure when it's from. I'm guessing it's from the 1960s, but I could be wrong.

The tie is a Custom Collection Van Heusen, probably from the 50s, or early 60s. I got it at a thrift store a few weeks back. :)

Also, I am wearing a Swank tie bar I got at a thrift store a few weeks back, and a Duck lapel pin which I got last week at a thrift store. Interestingly, the Duck lapel pin says JH on the back. I wonder when it's from?

hXmvF2p.jpg

50j0vmR.jpg

iNHN2Ov.jpg

The Stanley Blacker jacket labels.
TTzK3eg.jpg

KbjzPpW.jpg

Real good purchase, it took you back to 60's, awesome man

Scottbrad94

New in Town
This cardigan arrived in the post this morning just as I was about to leave for university and I've been waiting on it for a few weeks all the way from Canada, so of course I had to wear it! It's a wonderful 1950s zip cardigan that I feel I am going to absolutely wear to death it is truly a shame we are heading into spring in Australia as most likely won't be able to wear it comfortably till around March next year now, apart from the odd few days here and there. Also as here in Sydney we have had a run of spring/summery weather these past few days, I decided to wear this silk rayon shirt from the 1940s and has a really lovely soft collar, the shirt is labelled *A Koala Play Shirt* and has a sweet palm tree on the label. Lower half of my outfit consists of 50s wide leg navy blue hollywood waist trousers with turn up cuffs and two tone tan and white spectator brogues (I didn't have much time to record my outfit this morning as I had a few assignment hand ins to get to. I hope this suffices!) P.s. it is also very unlike me to go sans tie but I feel this look worked quite well without one. I normally feel dreadfully naked not wearing a tie especially when I am in the city!
Photo on 14-09-2015 at 11.47 pm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot