What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Awesomest Guy

Awesomest Guy Familiar Face

Thanks!

2. Papperskatt

Papperskatt Practically Family

I like the fabric on that suit. The pocket square is interesting too.

Awesomest Guy likes this.
  3. Dreamofgilgamesh

Dreamofgilgamesh A-List Customer

Today I'm wearing my old faithful Harris Tweed jacket with a Luxire shirt, charity shop tie and my new favourite trousers by Polo Ralph Lauren which I bought for 50p from a charity shop.

[​IMG]

PeterB, 1mach1, esteban68 and 2 others like this.
  4. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Perfect.

5. Dreamofgilgamesh

Thank you.

6. jamesmac1801

jamesmac1801 One of the Regulars

Here's what I wore today . I tried for a 1950s look . The suit is 90s but has no vents and such so it kinda looks 50s, the tie is 50s , the shirt is modern but styled with the 4 inch collar , the western belt is modern.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PeterB likes this.
  7. Heathfox

Heathfox New in Town

Not exactly today, but I guess yesterday also counts... Just poking around the countryside. Sorry for the wierd angle, I had the camera balanced on a tree stump.

Attached Files:

Patrick Hall likes this.
  8. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

We had a Christmas treat today, lunch on one of the heritage railways in the region. Drawn by a steam train of the 1930's, how can you not dress up? Pin stripe zoot suit, the shirt my wife made, the collar is cut away to far for the period but the colour just goes so well with the suit. The tie depicts scenes from the Can-can, by Toulouse-Lautrec. You will have to take my word that I'm wearing blue & white correspondence shoes with matching blue and white Fair Isle socks. I must get a better matching hat.

[​IMG]

9. Dreamofgilgamesh

What a smart chap you look. I have the good fortune to have a heritage steam railway not all that far from me at Sheringham on the North Norfolk coast.

10. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

Today, I am wearing my new tie I got for Christmas. It is made by Pilgrim Cravats. It is about 52" long, and 2" wide. I am guessing it's from the 50s, or early 60s. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PeterB and 1mach1 like this.
  11. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Today, we have returned from visiting our former neighbours. Yesterday they achieved 75 years of marriage. They are an honest and an amazing couple. There's no secret to the longevity of their relationship. They love each other, they adore each other, yet they don't pull punches when they (regularly) fall out. In short, apart from the aches and pains of old age, they are, as they were, when they were newlyweds, and how they inspire us. We wore the same outfits that we did to a wedding, where we did an exhibition dance for a couple 60 years wed, earlier in the year. It's a joy to tell you that we were upstaged by the fabulous outfits worn by all to the party.

[​IMG]

PeterB, el_ote, Metatron and 5 others like this.
  12. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

GHT, wonderful, though I can't believe you were upstaged.

13. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

It's party time, haven't decided whether to wear the black or white tux tonight. Probably the white, with black silk bow tie, black trousers and two tone, black & white patent leather shoes.
    This is my white tux, the white hat band is a Velcro fastened buckram strip, that my wife made, to go over the black silk hat band. I rarely wear it nowadays. Too much like Peter Sellers.

[​IMG]

This is the black one, definitely no white gloves though. So Micky Mouse.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    PeterB, Retro Spectator, dh66 and 2 others like this.
  14. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

It was a little bit cool on the way out the door headed to church this morning. It's been so unseasonably warm so far this winter today was the first day we need a coat.

PeterB, miket5r, dh66 and 7 others like this.
  15. Heathfox

Heathfox New in Town

Inspired by all the 1920s-30s outdoor wear I have seen on the forum here. Breeches and knee socks....:

P1050429.JPG

PeterB, Retro Spectator, dh66 and 2 others like this.
  16. Bolero

Bolero A-List Customer

Love the Tie and the Camel Sports Coat they go well together...Tie is really cool

Retro Spectator likes this.
  17. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

Thanks! :)

18. JackieMatra

JackieMatra A-List Customer

It's been in the mid-teens here the last few days.
    Here I am preparing to walk back home after Julian calendar Christmas festivities, attired in a Raccoon hat from Wisconsin, a Scottish Black Watch lambswool scarf, and an early 1960s seven pound weight super heavy Greek army overcoat, after fortifying myself with a small shot-glass of Pappy Van Winkle's 23 year old Bourbon.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    PeterB and dh66 like this.
  19. Eddie Derbyshire

Eddie Derbyshire Practically Family

Very nice - your colour choices go together impeccably. Does your tie have a brand? It's lovely. And bargain trousers!
    Also, is your experience of Luxire good?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

20. Dreamofgilgamesh

Thanks Eddie, jolly kind of you to say so. The tie is a "Klipper" I'm sure you've heard of that make, you've probably got some.

And as for Luxire I've got 2 of their shirts and I'm very pleased with them. I've also got a few shirts from Natty Shirts, and whilst I'm very pleased with them also and the service they provide the Luxires somehow seem nicer, more properer if you know what I mean.

PS, how's the pullover coming along?