1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. 1mach1

1mach1

2. Claudio

Claudio Vendor

Thanks, you are too kind :)

1mach1 likes this.
  3. Mathematicus

Mathematicus One of the Regulars

A bit chillier than last days, today, so I put a heavier suit (hoping the temperature won't rise too much). It's charcoal gray, made to measure. Shirt is white with double cuffs, tie is a gray-black-bronze melange. I'm wearing gold tone chain cufflinks (not seen).
    [​IMG]

4. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

Here I am wearing one of four vintage sweaters that I feel are all pre 1964. All of them are deadstock to my knowledge. This specific sweater was made by a company called Sedgewick Sportswear. It's like James Bond meets Star Trek lol

[​IMG]

5. 1mach1

1mach1

Honestly, not my thing (because I cant pull it off), but you pull it off wonderfully!

I half expected an accordian in the pic

6. N.K.

N.K. New in Town

All you well-dressed gents!

Love the sweater and I adore the colors!

This was my look for the weekend. Usually I'm not too fond of black as a main color, however this dress was an exception. My boyfriend and I went out on Saturday and to our surprise a Dixieland band was playing in the city! Lotsa fun was had!

[​IMG]

7. Dreamofgilgamesh

Dreamofgilgamesh One of the Regulars

As always you look utterly charming.

jonesy86 likes this.
  8. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 One Too Many

Not vintage but I was wearing this.... last week, with family , in South America ...by the Sheraton Hotel pool ,after a delicious buffet .

[​IMG]

9. Dreamofgilgamesh

Dreamofgilgamesh One of the Regulars

que adorable!

HadleyH1 likes this.
  10. MondoFW

MondoFW Practically Family

Wearing this work of art Towncraft, out and about. a8276b02-3a5a-4bd2-85c7-fc246a968e72.jpg

11. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 A-List Customer

Nothing fancy - t-shirt, jeans & boots: [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12. Woodtroll

Woodtroll One of the Regulars

I’m curious - what is the brand or source of your brown jeans, please? I like the look of those.

13. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 A-List Customer

No problem boss, they're slim 10 oz waxed canvas pants from "Red Cloud Collective." I got them on "Washington Alley's website." They're not cheap, but they're worth every penny (trust me).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Woodtroll likes this.
  14. MondoFW

MondoFW Practically Family

What a flashy 20's style your boyfriend has. Is he mostly repro or true vintage? The hat looks genuine!

15. Woodtroll

Woodtroll One of the Regulars

Thanks very much! In certain things, saving a few dollars is not always the most economical route. I'll look them up.

16. N.K.

N.K. New in Town

He does huh! This suit is a modern tailored suit made to look like a suit from the 20s. He has more true vintage suits though all are black... It is difficult to find colorful suits from the 20s~40s where we live. The hat indeed is genuine!

MondoFW likes this.
  17. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck One Too Many

Obviously need more practice posing for overall selfies.
    [​IMG]
    Hat-VS custom in green
    Sunglasses-Ray Ban New Wayfarer
    Shirt-Hemp Tilley Endurable’s
    Jacket-Levi’s trucker
    Pants-Levi’s 505
    Shoes-Alden Indy boots.

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A and Trenchfriend like this.
  18. draws

draws A-List Customer

Sorry, I had missed your posting in 2017. Found while browsing. That is one beautiful animal you have. Looks to be about 17 hands but hard to tell. Love the 40s look as well and have maintained my 30s 40s riding atire as well. I now always wear my breeches and boots while riding motorcycle as often as possible. I do have about 20-30 pairs of vintage flared cut breeches, two pairs of black 3 buckle field boots and several pairs of leather leggings as well. I have been riding since 1963 and recently retired from riding in 2017 due to hip replacement and concerns seeing a few close friends being severely injured at the barn. I have never owned a horse but preferred to associate with riding stables/organizations where I could work and ride without substantial cost. I have been riding a 16.5 hand percharon name Grant for the last 8 years with the National Lancers of Framingham, Mass. He is noted for having been the lead right horse on the 6 horse team that pulled Ronald Regan's hearse. I see that you have viewed one of my earlier jumping photos but will post a few more if you wish. However, I have ridden flat for the last 11 years as part of a military unit in Massachusetts. Will post some photos if you wish. Thanks for liking one of my posts. Have a great holiday weekend.