Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Sunny

One Too Many
Yesterday. At the near-end of the third in a series of Very Long Days. (That's all the excuse I'm going to offer.)

DSC00674_crop.jpg

Zip-front 1940s dress, made from a loose purple wool with specks of red, green, and yellow, and fitted with lots of front and back darts
Modern white blouse with fold-back cuffs
Vintage bead necklace and earrings, white "moonglow" beads
Seamed mesh stockings
Modern Naturalizer black leather peeptoe shoes
A tired try at a model pose (somehow it seemed natural in this dress)

DSC00683.jpg

Sometimes I think wearing the white shirt is cute, and sometimes I think it just looks strange. [huh]

Marty M. said:
imoldfashioned said:
Lovely outfit Sunny--I love navy blue. That coat is especially pretty.
Ditto. I'd love to see a more close-up picture of your coat. You look great. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you both! As requested, closeups of the coat:

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

Note the pocket detail. The sleeves are particularly nice, pleated on both inside and outside into a wide turn-back cuff.
There is a waist seam from sideback to sidefront, but the center front and back pieces are full length. Nice seaming!
The wool is a heavy coat weight, but it's very smooth and as you can see, has a sheen in the light.
The collar has a separate heavy hook and eye to pull up up around the throat, nicely replacing a scarf. It's hooked in the first picture and unhooked in the third.

kschurch said:
Hey Sunny - Killer shoes! The rest of the outfit is great as well.
Hehe - I was wearing different shoes in those pictures! (I'd taken the coat picture earlier.) Are you talking about these?

7262_1.jpg

They're c.1940, and covered in royal blue wool. I don't quite have an outfit to wear them with, but I got them anyway!

Sunny

One Too Many
Jerekson said:
And Marty, that is a particularly premium looking outfit. It's so...shiny :D

What he said! :eusa_clap Those braces are something else. And I particularly like the cuff links. Do you think they'd match my blue shoes? :D

Decodence

A-List Customer
Marty M. said:
I've been too busy to post any outfits in a while. This is a fun suit. It's a recreated vintage fabric. It's a very heavy English flannel. The shirt is a light lavender twill. The tie is a heavy woven silk made in England by Seaward and Stearn. Vintage '70's wrap silver plated w/blue star stone cuff links. The braces are silk and are made in Canada by Dion. And the shoe are the same Allen Edmonds that my pal Jovan just picked up (See shoe thread) except in merlot color.
Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis
WOW is all I can say to that. Just wow....

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Fresh from a brutal debate on the death of Heath Ledger in another thread...

Black/white nailhead DB ventless suit
Thomas Pink green/blue plaid shirt with white spread collar and white French cuffs (fancy)
XMI fiery red patterned tie
Vibrantly patterned pocket square incorporating white, red, gold, and royal blue
Unusual polished wood cufflinks (new purchase)

2133720240102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Black lizard belt with gold buckle and tip
Fossil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
Black ribbed OTC socks
Florsheim burgundy/black dress saddle oxfords (absolutely love these!)
Nautica black DB topcoat
Black leather gloves
Susan Horton rayon chenille red/black patterned scarf
Vintage Dobbs grey tweed fedora (new purchase)

2578889610102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

kschurch

Vendor
Sunny said:
Yesterday. At the near-end of the third in a series of Very Long Days. (That's all the excuse I'm going to offer.)

DSC00674_crop.jpg

Zip-front 1940s dress, made from a loose purple wool with specks of red, green, and yellow, and fitted with lots of front and back darts
Modern white blouse with fold-back cuffs
Vintage bead necklace and earrings, white "moonglow" beads
Seamed mesh stockings
Modern Naturalizer black leather peeptoe shoes
A tired try at a model pose (somehow it seemed natural in this dress)

DSC00683.jpg

Sometimes I think wearing the white shirt is cute, and sometimes I think it just looks strange. [huh]

Thank you both! As requested, closeups of the coat:

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

Note the pocket detail. The sleeves are particularly nice, pleated on both inside and outside into a wide turn-back cuff.
There is a waist seam from sideback to sidefront, but the center front and back pieces are full length. Nice seaming!
The wool is a heavy coat weight, but it's very smooth and as you can see, has a sheen in the light.
The collar has a separate heavy hook and eye to pull up up around the throat, nicely replacing a scarf. It's hooked in the first picture and unhooked in the third.

Hehe - I was wearing different shoes in those pictures! (I'd taken the coat picture earlier.) Are you talking about these?

7262_1.jpg

They're c.1940, and covered in royal blue wool. I don't quite have an outfit to wear them with, but I got them anyway!

Yes...I believe those are the ones. They just looked great in the picture. Very rich looking.

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
What I wear everyday

Company issue dark blue "dickie"type uniform pants and short sleeve shirt.Name patch over left breast pocket and company name over right breast pocket.Steel toe black side zip ankle boots.I build compressors for the natural gas industry.The smallest unit weights 10 tons and the largest weights 60 tons.we have larger units in the design stage.
Our family motto:We live to Work!

Sunny

One Too Many
TessTrueheart said:
That coat is absolutely fabulous and it fits you perfectly!

Aww, thank you! :) I searched for one for most of the fall before I finally sprung for it in December. It was a long search, and a tough one!

kschurch said:
Yes...I believe those are the ones. They just looked great in the picture. Very rich looking.

They're so bright that I halfway felt like my feet were glowing, which is not quite the effect I want. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Did a fedora presentation for a local ladies antique group. They not only enjoyed the presentation but also what I wore.

Not a very good pic.
hatdisplay002.jpg

The jacket and trousers are both herringbone. Just call me the Mr. Herringbone today. :p
herringbone.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I look a bit discheveled in the picture, what with the crooked bow tie, messy pocket square, and one pocket flap in, but I've had a long day.
I'm wearing:
-striped french cuff shirt with a spread collar
-'40s silk black and yellow polka dot bow tie
-'70's suit jacket and vest- peak lapels, hacking pockets, shark gill panels in front and back
- white and gold cufflinks
-'40s pocket square
-Cye Stacy Custom fedora, with pleated ribbon bow.
-modern black trousers
-black vintage captoes
IMG_4701.jpg
IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4704.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
Thunder, that's a great outift. Very 40's no doubt. I have a couple of similar getups, but none of my jackets are such a striking blue as yours to make the combo work.

Dinerman, that 70's suit is getting alot of wear. I certainly like it.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Today it's my 40's DB, Akubra (yes, brown w/blue, I like it), and my favorite cap-toes.

Sorry for the messed up collar and crooked tie. I think fatter ties generally go better with DB.

Kev_portrait_37.png

Jerekson said:
Today it's my 40's DB, Akubra (yes, brown w/blue, I like it), and my favorite cap-toes.

Sorry for the messed up collar and crooked tie. I think fatter ties generally go better with DB.

Kev_portrait_37.png

Great look, great shoes. Well done! I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit