Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Marty M.

Vendor
ShooShooBaby said:
it wasn't directed toward me, but NOS = New Old Stock, aka Deadstock. :)

Thanks, but I'm not the smartest retailer around, so what does "Deadstock" mean? Is that inventory that doesn't move? [huh] .
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
lyburnum said:
It's merchandise that's never been used. Often with original tags or packaging. Premium condition basically!

Oh, that stuff. I'm pretty sure that I have some of that around here. I usually chalk up to a bad merchandicer (me). Thanks.
Marty Mathis

LindyTap

Familiar Face
Not today, but a couple of outfits from last week. Criticism appreciated:)

The same suit as here but with a blue and white striped shirt with contrast collar, tan vest, and the bowtie from here My first time wearing a bowtie out on the town!

blue.jpg

Here's another one, a good cut, but not greatly made modern brooks brothers. What's really cool is that it's kind of a cool bluish-gray tweed. You can't see very well in the picture, but it's a really cool color. Worn with the shirt and cufflinks from that other outfit post, but with a blue/silver/black diamond patterned tie. Sorry for the awkward pose!

gray.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
A little leftover St. Patrick's spirit today! One of my more "bond trader" outfits overall.

Black pinstripe double-breasted ventless suit
Joseph Abboud multi-colored multi-width striped spread collar French cuff shirt, green striping predominant
Brooks Bros. black patterned tie with burgundy tones
Burgundy silk pocket square, puff fold
Green carnation, right lapel
Vintage Hickok gaudy-as-all-get-out "Rat Pack"-style wrap cufflinks :) (harmonized surprisingly well with the shirt)

2850313640102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Black silk braces
Fossil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Calvin Klein Truth cologne
Jos. A. Bank black patterned OTC socks
AE Grayson black tassel mocs
Nautica black DB wool topcoat
Black leather gloves
Susan Horton red/black patterned rayon chenille scarf
Black wide-brim fedora with black band, feather, pearl hatpin

Adele

One of the Regulars
imoldfashioned- thank you!

GwenLake- asymmetrical stuff is indeed, cool! I always call that shirt my "mad scientist" shirt because it reminds me of the type the scientist or the doctors would have back then - thinking "Frankenstein" here. Though it is asymmetrical so it has it's own twist, I suppose.

Jovan- thank you for that compliment! Gee, I wish my hair looked as great as Ms. Williams'. As for the reason for the hiding face - well, I'm a rather shy one. Maybe one day I'll have enough courage to show my face. :)

Daisy Buchanan- Thank you so much, and no need for apologies for the tangent or such! I tend to go off on things too sometimes. I have a lot of hair too, so I think you ought to be able to do the wave.

Ohh, so what did you decide? Or rather your hairstylist? Or both? I think with your green eyes, the red should look wonderful!! I always liked how red hair and green eyes look together. Nonetheless, I hope you have a fun and safe trip to Europe!

Riley Dee: Thank you! I like your St. Patrick's day wardrobe choice. Did that make any sense? Basically, I like what you wore.

My turn:

Lucky Strike: I like your style - and how you crop your photos.

DollyDayDream: I like the shoes you are wearing on the first photo.

Dinerman- haircut compliments to you.

Marty M.

Vendor
Patrick Murtha said:
Vintage Hickok gaudy-as-all-get-out "Rat Pack"-style wrap cufflinks :) (harmonized surprisingly well with the shirt)
2850313640102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Great wrap arounds PM. I think that they would look good in Minneapolis :D .
Marty Mathis

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I'm going to be a college career fair at the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh this afternoon, recruiting interns and entry-level hires. It's hitting the 40s in Wisconsin today -- which really does feel warm after a long winter -- so I'm foregoing the topcoat, but not the hat. That's when people really start to notice your hats, when you wear them with suits but without overcoats, as businessmen in the Forties and Fifties did.

You'll also note that I'm a boutonniere guy from spring through fall. This stems (pardon the pun) from my long-ago viewing of a 1989 movie called Worth Winning, in which Mark Harmon plays a TV weatherman who is irrresistible to the ladies, and no wonder -- he's a natty suit, tie, and braces guy, and on top of that, he sports a flower in his lapel every day. This made a deep impression on the young businessman that I was, and I've enjoyed adding a flower to my outfits ever since.

Has anyone read this book on the subject? I'm ordering it from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Boutonniere-S...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205938680&sr=1-1

Navy pinstripe SB 2B venless suit (two shades of stripe)
Marshall Field's light blue shirt with barrel cuffs, white point collar
Tommy Hilfiger navy tie with gold pattern
Vintage scissors tie clip

2025016500102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Gold patterned silk pocket square, puff fold
Lemon-colored carnation, right lapel
Coach tan belt with silver buckle
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
Navy ribbed OTC socks
AE Pembrooke tan split-toe tassel mocs with braid trim

2113397400102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Vintage Dobbs navy fedora with black band
Oakley sunglasses

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Glengarry with curling pins
German overcoat with lion rampant patch on left shoulder
green lands end shirt
1973 Seagrams Stone curling cufflinks
'60s skinny tie; Handmade by Victoria Gabriel, sold by Gil Gift shop
Curling tie clip
Black skinny jeans
black Cowboy boots

With everything I'm wearing, i've got eight curling stones, enough for a full game.;)
IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

Patrick Murtha said:
You'll also note that I'm a boutonniere guy from spring through fall. This stems (pardon the pun) from my long-ago viewing of a 1989 movie called Worth Winning, in which Mark Harmon plays a TV weatherman who is irrresistible to the ladies, and no wonder -- he's a natty suit, tie, and braces guy, and on top of that, he sports a flower in his lapel every day. This made a deep impression on the young businessman that I was, and I've enjoyed adding a flower to my outfits ever since.

MOre people should wear flowers. I like flowers uh huh :D

Marty M.

Vendor
Patrick Murtha said:
gold pattern
Vintage scissors tie clip
2025016500102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

I'm in full lust over that tie slide. Shame on you PM. Have you know heart? I've come close to ordering that book also. Let me know what you think of it.
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff