Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Todays Suit

Good Day All

Just thought i would share some images of todays attire
Vintage 3 piece bespoke brown tweed suit (dated 1963)
Shirt from Stanley Ley, London.. with (generic) stiff Day Collar
Maroon and Yellow Striped Braces
Link armbands
Hilditch and key fine socks with Thurston Suspenders
Vintage Hilditch Striped Tie
Vintage Tie Pin and oval Gold cufflinks
Vintage (1920) spectacles
My Grandfathers Double Albert Watch chain

What else.. hmm.. underwear.. yes!
RBH
Apr2007.jpg

Apr2016.jpg

Apr2023.jpg

Apr2027.jpg

Apr2029.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
The Red and the Grey today.

Jos. A. Bank SB 2B ventless light gray/blue plaid suit, plain bottom trousers
Paul Fredrick grey herringbone spread collar shirt
Geoffrey Beene red/silver/black slant-striped tie
Thick silver tie chain
Maroon silk pocket square with white polka dots
Cole-Haan burgundy genuine lizard belt
Fossil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Armani Mania cologne
Light grey ribbed OTC socks
Burgundy snakeskin tassel loafers
Churchill grey fedora with black band, 2.5" brim, company pin, late 1980s vintage
Oakley sunglasses

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
No pictures today, unfortunately, but it's a periwinkle late 50s wiggle dress (with matching belt) in a cotton/rayon blend that looks kindof like silk dupioni. Nude stockings, black ballet flats, black cardigan, and a vintage necklace/bracelet/earring set of clear lucite and silver beads.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
retrogirl1941 said:
I look like an extra from the Waltons!lol I am wearing my 1934 repro housedress and very barefoot ...

Samantha

Don't take this the wrong way, it's meant as a compliment. You remind me of my grandmother. She always wore dresses like that (always made her own) and went barefoot almost all the time. This is a good look for you. Very nice.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Big Man said:
Don't take this the wrong way, it's meant as a compliment. You remind me of my grandmother. She always wore dresses like that (always made her own) and went barefoot almost all the time. This is a good look for you. Very nice.

I do take it as a compliment ( and thank you!)b/c I was very comfortable(all I did yesterday was sewing) and I looooove that house dress. I get that comment alot, I think its b/c most of the time I dress like the average person did back in the 40's as opossed to many other reenactors I know who try and look like movie stars(which is good every once in while). Heres the other picture of me in the same dress but a month or two ago. I was tol I looked like an Oakey!lol

orangeshopandme.jpg

For the record I was about to go crawling through the woods shooting at germans so, I could look as mismatched as possible!lol

Samantha

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
retrogirl1941 said:
... I think its b/c most of the time I dress like the average person did back in the 40's as opossed to many other reenactors I know who try and look like movie stars ...

I sometimes think there are too many people who cannot (or will not?) separate "real life" from the movies. It's good to see that there are those who wish to accurately portray "real life" in their reenactment endeavors.

You have my compliments.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Big Man said:
I sometimes think there are too many people who cannot (or will not?) separate "real life" from the movies. It's good to see that there are those who wish to accurately portray "real life" in their reenactment endeavors.

You have my compliments.

Thank you!:) You have made my day!

Samantha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic