Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum said:
Today (I even tried to smile!):
IMG_0446.jpg

That is a beauty of a dress lyburnum and you look great wearing it. I especially love the print on the fabric--so pretty!

Taggert

Familiar Face
It was cold and raining today so I went with earth tones and my Newport porkpie:
Van Heusen Shirt in olive, khaki pants, olive socks, Geoffrey Beene tie in blue and tan, brown belt and brown alligator style slip ons. Silver and hematite tie pin with my last name inital engraved in it, silver cigarette case :p
dave4-28.jpg

Yes I smoke, yes i know it's bad for me:) My expression should tell you how I feel about smoking lectures.
daveface1.jpg

Just thought this one was fun

Please excuse the backgrounds as we are remodeling :D

Sunny

One Too Many
lyburnum said:
Today (I even tried to smile!):
IMG_0446.jpg

I'm turned round because the back of the dress is my favourite part.

I didn't really like wearing flats with it, but they were the most suitable shoes I had. All my others were too heavy for the dress. I should probably invest in a nice pair of white low heeled shoes.
That is darling! A special occasion? And yes - go for some low-heeled white shoes. They turn up fairly regularly on ebay, especially if you're not a large size.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anthony Jordan said:
Very smart, Alan! Are they checked trousers? Prince of Wales? Oxford cloth shirt?
Thanks, Anthony. I figured that would be right up your alley. The recent addition of the homburg really tops it off (pardon the pun), I think. The trousers are houndstooth check. I'd love to pick up some shepherd's check trousers sometime. I have some striped trousers, but I haven't had them altered yet, and honestly prefer the check. I hadn't thought of the shirt as Oxford, but it might be pinpoint Oxford.

I'm doing the best I can to keep tradition going in the colonies!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
No work today! I changed into this after my yoga class so I could take the scary 66 bus to the grocery store without being gawked at.

2449952057_c710302426.jpg

Sunglasses -- Dior.
Earrings -- they're airplanes! I found them at a stripper store ages ago.
Shirt -- "ATOMS Wrestling Club." It's a thrifted kids' tee.
Jeans -- Ebay'd.
Bag -- Tokidoki, Buffalo Exchange.
Shoes -- Buffalo Exchange. They were so tacky, I just had to buy them! In the daylight, they shine like aluminum foil. I wear them with everything now.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
This ensemble is from Saturday and one of my favorite dresses. I went to the grand opening of my friends' salon. We had so much fun! Just wish I had thought to take a better pic of the dress the cumberbund falls into a sash in the back.
I'm on the left and the pretty lady on the right works with my husband.
47b8da08b3127cceb7aa3669d05100000015109AbOXLFk0bS

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
rubyredlocks said:
This ensemble is from Saturday and one of my favorite dresses. I went to the grand opening of my friends' salon. We had so much fun! Just wish I had thought to take a better pic of the dress the cumberbund falls into a sash in the back.
I'm on the left and the pretty lady on the right works with my husband.
47b8da08b3127cceb7aa3669d05100000015109AbOXLFk0bS

Cute! I really like your haircut.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I'm momentarily discombobulated here because I just lost an Ebay auction that I really wanted to win -- an authentic Donegal tweed suit with both jacket and trousers in correct sizing for me. I had set my automatic bid as high as I wanted to go (I adjusted it upward yesterday), but someone else went higher still. Oh, well. Can't win them all, but a nice All Creatures Great and Small-type tweed suit is still on my "holy grail" list.

BTW, I now use a checklist to make sure I capture all the elements of my outfits in these postings. I was always forgetting something like cufflinks and having to go back and edit. Yes, I'm anal. :)

Brown nailhead SB 3B ventless suit
BB red mini-check button-down
Geoffrey Beene red/green patterned tie
Slender gold tie bar, angled down
Red silk patterned pocket square, points up
Large pink carnation, right lapel
Medium brown leather dress belt
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Gold college ring (right ring finger)
Grooved stainless steel ring (left ring finger)
Burberry cologne
Dark brown ribbed OTC socks
AE Belmont spectator split-toe lace-ups, dark brown and white

2389160440102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Vintage Dobbs Golden Coach "cloud" (grayish tan) fedora with black band, feather (new find; love the color!)

2061551150102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Vintage Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Patrick Murtha said:
I'm momentarily discombobulated ...

I haven't heard the word "discombobulated" used in a long time. I love that word for some reason. It has that "ring" to it. :eusa_clap

JEEP

Practically Family
Taggert: Looking really cool there
Patrick: I like your shoes a lot
Big Man: Looking very classy. How wide is the ribbon on that fedora?

Todays attire for work:

290408.jpg

White/beige "linen" cap
White, blue, red and pink striped dress-shirt
Black silk tie
Gray knitted sweater
Black "re-edition" 60s Fjällräven safari jacket
Gray dress trousers
Brown Meindl Copenhagen shoes
Brown leather belt
Re-edition Revue Thommen 30s sports watch

/Jakob