Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Kim_B

Practically Family
Black Trixie dress (Ah! This dress is amazing! I can't wait for my green one to arrive!!!)
Pale blue 3/4 sleeve cardi
black flats
ponytail & mini-pomp

...I'll try to snap a pic sometime today - it's a bit odd to walk into a ladies room at work and whip out a camera! People tend to give you the "WTF?!" look! :rolleyes:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BellyTank said:
What do these look like..?
Gotta link to some e-commerce?

B
T
I can't find them for sale online anymore!! I guess they were limited (of course).
They are the simple Keds Triumph. The type Howard Hughes wore.

Feraud

Bartender
Lucky Strike said:
DSC05602.jpg
DSC05611.jpg

Self-invented silk escape-map pocket square
Very creative.

donCarlos

Practically Family
Today for job (custody at the Prague Castle):

linen jacket
black cotton pants
red/white striped shirt with white collar
red/black/green wool tie
generic brown shoes
no pocket square, just my tag.
(I´ll tell you, the toilets have the greatest view I´ve ever seen)

IMAGE_00139.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Daytime

navy blue Trixie dress from Trashy Diva
white belt
navyblue wedges from Miss Sixty
red ribbon in hair
DSC02065.jpg

Nighttime

Going to a 'sailorparty' at the harbor

Red dress from Diva
Black shoes from Oh Deer!
DSC01813.jpg

Pip

A-List Customer
How fab is that dark blue dress (ooh and the red one)!!! The pleats are gorgeous. And those shoes are simply to die for as well! :D

Looking lovely as always darrrrling.

Lucky Strike - Absolutely fantastic and I love the idea of using the escape map as a pocket square, superb!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thanks darrrling... what can I say, I love my dresses :D I had these new amazing red shoes that would have been perfect for the red dress, but I ruined one of the heels and haven't got it fixed yet..

Wouldn't they have been just perfect?!
DSC01960.jpg

Alon

One of the Regulars
Dinerman, thank you but it's coming off. Every man I know compliments me on it while women detest it and, inclining towards the fairer sex, it is them I aim to please. :D

I'm going to trim it down to a goatee but leave it long so that I eventually can wax the mustache to the sides and the goatee to a point, a la Napoleon III.

napoleonIII.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Alon said:
Not so much what I'm wearing as what I'm sporting...

After some six weeks of patient grooming, here's my attempt at a beard of Victorian proportions. The moustache is still much too short to be groomed to the sides and I'm told that takes several months.

I'd love to hear the members' opinions: do I keep it or get rid of it?

[In the photo I'm wearing a late 19th century pair of pince-nez, Tommy necktie, vintage vest, great grandfather's Russian-made pocket watch, and, unseen in the photo, a pair of Bostonian saddle shoes]

2739164149_ed94ee352b.jpg

and

2739134019_bbbb6ec77d.jpg

Looking good Alon:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
As to what the fairer sex might think: What is it they fall in love with - You or the beard?;)

LondonLuke

One of the Regulars
Alon said:
Dinerman, thank you but it's coming off. Every man I know compliments me on it while women detest it and, inclining towards the fairer sex, it is them I aim to please. :D

I'm going to trim it down to a goatee but leave it long so that I eventually can wax the mustache to the sides and the goatee to a point, a la Napoleon III.

napoleonIII.jpg

That would look AMAZING!

I'm wearing a white shirt, brown tanktop sweatervest, brown trousers

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Alon said:

Keep the beard! Please? It looks very good and distinguished. I must admit, I love beards, but anyone can see your beard is handsome!

And by the way, I know many women who love a beard! My own boyfriend has a very beautiful beard, and Nick Cave, who for me is a very beautiful man, also sports quite a moustache.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Keep the beard!!!!! I can't think of enough superlatives to explain how wonderful it looks, but it would be a shame to see it go. Oo! Better idea - find a pic with and without it and let the ladies on here vote. :D

My hubby, bless him, wasn't gifted in the facial hair department. All he can grow is a mustache and a goatee, but aye chihuaha when he does!! At one point, the mustache was long enough to wax and the goatee long enough to split in two and braid a la Captain Jack Sparrow (and yes, he does quite strongly resemble Johnny Depp ;) ). Ahhhhh, divine...

Inky

One Too Many
Alon said:

Alon, I think the beard very much suits you, and you look very handsome, but I personally would love to see you in a goatee and long waxed mustache. Very nice indeed.

Here is a picture of my hubby with his waxed mustache at our wedding in 2003.

590141763_9b69afa8cb_o.jpg

Let us know what you decide and post a picture, please!

Alon

One of the Regulars
Wow!

I was not expecting such a response! As a matter of fact, I was going to shave it off today (after a proper farewell ceremony) but since three women have told me they like it, I guess I'll keep it a little longer ... for curiosity's sake. Besides, my mustache isn't long enough to wax yet, that takes several months. Whatever happens, I'm taking part in a performance of the opera Carmen in November and the beard will have to come off no matter what (though a goatee, coloured black, could look very dashingly Spanish!)

Here is a before and after picture for comparison:

n28117681_43039736_9531.jpg

Taken sometime in June

And the photo you've already seen, taken last week
n28117681_43899591_1747.jpg

Alon

One of the Regulars
Spitfire, I think its the fedoras they fall for. Silly creatures.

LauraChase, is distinguished really the look a 26 year old artsy fartsy type should be going for? Conjuring images of their illustrious ancestors may not be the best way to catch a catch.

Inky, that's a fine mustache on your husband, but it definitely needs to be bushier!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Alon said:
LauraChase, is distinguished really the look a 26 year old artsy fartsy type should be going for? Conjuring images of their illustrious ancestors may not be the best way to catch a catch.

Depends on which type of girls you want to catch, personally I'd instantly be attracted by a beard. I think a beard is very bohéme and the most creative and beautiful guys I know carry a beard. You know, many of the french impressionist (and the men in their circles) carried very impressive and beautiful beards, and Manet's portraits of Émile Zola and Zacharie Astruc instantly pop to mind:

470pxmanet_edouard__portrait_of_emile_zo.jpg

Émile Zola (by Manet)

astruc.jpg

Zacharie Astruc (by Manet)

Manet himself also carried a beautiful beard, as did Monet:

Portrait-of-Edouard-Manet-circa-1870-80-Giclee-Print-C12068033.jpeg

Manet (photographed by Nadar)

beret_monet.selfpor.lg.JPG

Monet (selfportrait)

monet.jpg

Monet (portrait by Renoir)

Cézanne also carried a beard, however, I will not show his picture here because he wasn't exactly a beautiful man. Coubert was bearded also. The list of bearded artists is simply endless.

The conclusion: My dear, a beard is very, very "artsy fartsy".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925