Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

dschonn

Familiar Face
I think it's time I contributed to this thread.

Shirt: probably at least two decades old, acquired from my girlfriend's father
Tie: probably at least five decades old, acquired from my girlfriend's grandfather
Vest: less than a month old, received for Christmas
Jacket: from the seventies or early eighties, acquired from my father
Trousers: less than a decade old, but they are my most golden-era-looking trousers.

My room is a mess.

3181970761_e4a6b59c01_o.png

Bugsy

One Too Many
Sir RBH said:
Been out shopping for a new Field Coat.. No luck yet though
Todays attire
Lewin Herringbone weave shirt Lemon with vintage cufflinks
Hilditch and Key Tie (very old)
Magee Tweed Jacket
Bookster Burgundy Moleskins
Generic Braces
Cordings Heel & Tow Wool socks with Thurston Sock suspenders
Vintage Link Armbands
Underneath.. Coldmaster white Union Suit/combinations
Loake Suede Brogues
RBH
Xmas2008029.jpg

Xmas2008027.jpg

Xmas2008032.jpg

Xmas2008033.jpg

Classic and classy as always.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Welcome dschonn - only seven posts and we know you sew, you watch Humphrey Bogart movies, you wear vintage clothes, you like hats, and you admire dinerman's style. I think you'll do just fine here.

Ladies, go easy on him. ;)

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
dschonn, I really love your hair and schnurrbart! I would probably pick different pants, though. :)

Welcome to the lounge, btw!

Is "Schnurrbart" a word that's used in English? I always find it very intersting to see german words used in other languages:) (see: Doppelgänger, Kindergarten, Rucksack, Zeitgeist, Angst etc.)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Luke 42 said:
Is "Schnurrbart" a word that's used in English? I always find it very intersting to see german words used in other languages:) (see: Doppelgänger, Kindergarten, Rucksack, Zeitgeist, Angst etc.)

lol I didn't even consider that the word might not be used in English! I hope it is, if not, then it needs to be!

dschonn, what I meant to say was that your beard is really beautiful! :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dschonn said:

Tie: probably at least five decades old, acquired from my girlfriend's grandfather
Trousers: less than a decade old, but they are my most golden-era-looking trousers.

My room is a mess.

You look great, very handsome! But yeah....your next acquisition should be some vintage pants! ;) And maybe an iron! lol

dschonn

Familiar Face
I was thinking about either a good hat or vintage trousers next. I do have some of my dad's old pants from the seventies, but I'm leaning toward older styles now (I guess that's partly why I'm here).

I resist ironing clothing that I'm not in the process of making. I may change that, or I may just continue to look rumpled most of the time. I haven't decided yet.

As for Schnurrbart, I knew what that referred to, but couldn't figure out how anyone here would know that I knew German. I chalked it up to the spelling of my name, which is meant to be the German phonetic spelling of my real first name.

Thanks to everyone for the words of welcome.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
dschonn said:

My room is a mess.

As someone who detests ironing, I don't think the pants are too bad...maybe just lay them out after you wash them? little less rumpled but still not over the top starched and pressed?

second: I love your mustache, for some reason it reminds me of the ancient Pippy Longstocking movie I watched as a kid, the character Conrad [huh]

third: you remind me of Christian in Moulin Rouge in that pic :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dman, I like the look although the sleeves on the jacket appear to be a tad short. Can you tell us more about the cap and the jacket?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
carter said:
Dman, I like the look although the sleeves on the jacket appear to be a tad short. Can you tell us more about the cap and the jacket?

They're really not. It's the awkward "taking a picture of yourself" stance, where my posture goes all weird. I'll see if I can dig up some action shots that show the real fit better.

The cap is a tweed from the new york hat company. Probably 10 or 15 years old. I got it used, so I don't really know much about it, other than that the cut is almost identical to a '30s original I have.

The jacket is a '70s or '80s Zero King.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Slim Portly said:
The family dog and I shared an intimate moment:

DSC04703-CROP.jpg

I have to say the dog steals the show.... I love dogs though, and by the way I really like the jeans. I think mixing the old with the new is great, and you did a really classy job at it

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
*Perry Ellis belted back jacket
*'50s Dacron tie
*Overcoat custom made in Japan in 1964
*RL trousers
*AE shoes
*Penny's scarf
*'40s Lee fedora

me088.jpg

me089.jpg

front010.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
early '30s midnight blue herringbone jacket (thrift shop find)
mid '30s black overcoat (also a thrift shop find)
1947 trews
white shirt
gray scarf
gloves
7x clear beaver stetson
pobeda pocketwatch in shirt breast pocket

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg
IMG_1199.jpg

and yeah, the jacket sleeves are a tad on this one, but to find a '30s jacket for five bucks at the thrift shop, I don't really care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy