Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

The Elizans

Familiar Face
Spring is here is England... country wear time!

Just bought this belt-backed jacket, wore it out around town today. Great fun!

belt-backback1.jpg

T.E.

Antje

One Too Many
deco_darling said:
Today, I'm wearing a 1940s dress ensemble, with black patent peep toe shoes. No accessories today. On my way out the door to go pick up a 1940s hat from an antique store that I had on hold, with me is my boyfriend of 5 + years.

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

You're a sweet lookin' couple

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
have I misunderstood the idea of this thread??

The original message for this thread said "What are you wearing that exudes that vintage style?"

I assumed that meant pics of us FLers in real vintage attire, new but retro style garb, or new but vintage-inspired clothing and accessories. I posted a pic a few days back with the only real vintage I had in the pic was the 40's purse I was carrying, and I said that in the post's title. Days later the pic ended up deleted (I'm assuming by the bartenders?).

That said- HadleyH, your pic is lovely as usual as you are a very attractive woman, as many here have already agreed- but where is the vintage or VI clothing, my dear?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
Kools continues to be the best vintage dressed man on the Lounge today.

Let's just say that he's on the short list, for there are several gents (yourself included) who would be in the discussion.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Tomasso said:
Let's just say that he's on the short list, for there are several gents (yourself included) who would be in the discussion.

Thank you! Just want to make it clear that I'm focusing on a narrow field here: that class of men who show themselves dressed in vintage clothing primarily. Not contemporary or repro (which are perfectly fine too), but the old-time stuff.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
As seen in my new avatar: sky blue shirt (hard to see as I put the colour setting down), dark grey Austrian loden coat, carribou grey Stetson Chatham, black leather gloves, black Walther P99. Sorry that the gun isn't vintage, but the hat is vintage styled and the coat is vintage.

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
Carlisle Blues said:
Hadley very chic, vintage who needs vintage, you are such a classic beauty. You make the clothes they do not make you. ;)

If it's ok I would like to join your club. Do I meet the dress code??[huh]

Blackshirt.jpg

Is that an Ovation acoustic? That's a beauty!

kools

Practically Family
Kools continues to be the best vintage dressed man on the Lounge today.

Although I welcome compliments as much as anyone, "best" may be too strong of a word when in such fine company. Nevertheless, thank you sincerely for the kind words.

kools

Practically Family
Milwaukee today
43 degrees F

Early '50s DB suit (gray with yellow, orange & blue)
Late '40s/Early '50s tie
AE Lloyd-black

P1020617.jpg

P1020618.jpg

P1020619.jpg

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
kools said:
Although I welcome compliments as much as anyone, "best" may be too strong of a word when in such fine company. Nevertheless, thank you sincerely for the kind words.

Kools, even though I normally prefer to look at the gals' pictures ;) I have to say that your photos are very inspiring. You should print a book from them. Well chosen suits and ties, well chosen background (assume it is your house?) and well documented. "Jolly good show" as my friends on the other side of the Channel would say... keep it going!

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
The original message for this thread said "What are you wearing that exudes that vintage style?"

I assumed that meant pics of us FLers in real vintage attire, new but retro style garb, or new but vintage-inspired clothing and accessories. I posted a pic a few days back with the only real vintage I had in the pic was the 40's purse I was carrying, and I said that in the post's title. Days later the pic ended up deleted (I'm assuming by the bartenders?).

That said- HadleyH, your pic is lovely as usual as you are a very attractive woman, as many here have already agreed- but where is the vintage or VI clothing, my dear?

I don't think it's fair at all that your pic gets deleted when Hadley's (which is very attractive, but certainly contemporary) doesn't. [huh]

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Could someone tell me how to post pictures here? I would like to put pictures of some of my ensembles up to get opinions. I have photopucket but I can't find a way to put pictures on it from my computer. When I try to upload pics straight from my computer it doesn't work because the files are too large. Are there any other ways of putting pictures up or could someone please tell me how to work photobucket?

Maybe a bartender could tell PM me and then delete this post as it has nothing to do with vintage clothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart