Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSC02996.jpg

Not a very flattering snap shot, but this was what I was wearing this afternoon as I was walking back from working in the garden. I don't think you can get more "vintage" than this look. :D

Warbaby

One Too Many
Big Man said:
DSC02996.jpg

Not a very flattering snap shot, but this was what I was wearing this afternoon as I was walking back from working in the garden. I don't think you can get more "vintage" than this look. :D

Yep, that's about as vintage as it gets and you wear it well.

There's prolly no clothing style that's endured as long as that. Back in the early 60s I spent a lot of time down in the southern mountains learning old-timey music and near everybody dressed that way. Go back another 40 years and and you'd find country folk still looked the same.

Just goes to show that good taste endures.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
yesterday's look.. felt very a la Kim Novak in 'Vertigo'

To bad the details aren't showing up in picture because of the light.. but the skirt has a beautiful lace trim all around the hem and split, the shoes are suede leopard heels and a warm pink Chanel bag with gold chain and lock. The silkblouse is in a champagne color. The big brooch is a camelia flower.

DSCN0644.jpg

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Big Man said:
DSC02996.jpg

I love this shot Big man! If it were turned sepia/black and white it would be a great period shot. Your garden looks like it will be very bountiful, too. I love how every picure of you looks like the average person(to me is more appeling than movie stars). Great job!

Samantha

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:

To bad the details aren't showing up in picture because of the light.. but the skirt has a beautiful lace trim all around the hem and split, the shoes are suede leopard heels and a warm pink Chanel bag with gold chain and lock. The silkblouse is in a champagne color. The big brooch is a camelia flower.

DSCN0644.jpg

Solid sender as always, Darhling!;)

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Darhling said:

DSCN0644.jpg

I saw your post in the "purchases" thread and I have to say, you are adorable!
I love the white suit and your new glasses. All very chic. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
Big Man said:
DSC02996.jpg

I love this shot my friend!!!!!

I was wearing damn near the same oufit this afternoon working on the watering system for my garden.
[picked some peppers, cucumbers and squash!]

{I was wearing one of my Miller milans}

SUPER PHOTO!!! :eusa_clap
by the way fantastic looking garden! :eusa_clap

anon`

One Too Many
I don't often contribute to this thread because, let's be honest here, it's worthless without pics. And I'm just far too lazy to be bothered with taking photos of myself, which I suck at anyway.

However, I recently took possession of my first three-piece suit from my tailor and cleaner and had occasion to wear it today. So it seemed like a good time to actually bother with a photo, and here it is:

OpenJacket3pc.jpg
OpenJacketOutside3pc.jpg

Suit is a three piece (duh) Society Brand in a rather "hard" fabric with lighter-blue-and-yellow shadow-stripe-things.
Hat is an older Schoble, courtesy of NB13. Tie is vintage also, though I don't recall whose name it bears offhand. Watch (clearly not visible) is a Longines inscribed with the date 22 June 1934.
Shirt is a modern MTM job. Shoes are some sort of discontinues AEs that are just a wee bit too large.
Oh, and a cheater's collar pin. You know, the clip-on sort ;)

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to the age of the suit? The union label is legible, but it seems a bit anachronistic to me. I'm curious as to your impressions.

Maguire

Practically Family
thanks for the compliments. Paddy you're a northerner? You northerners all have this distinct accent which sounds so different from the one in the south. Cross over to Donegal and you'll hear an accent that is virtually unintelligible. Ulster folk tend to speak with that drawl that sounds scottish/english rather than irish, be they orange or green.

I've been going for white suit lately, i may post some pictures of that when i have an opportunity.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Big Man said:
Not a very flattering snap shot...
Big Man, I don't think you could look bad if you tried.

anon` said:
...I recently took possession of my first three-piece suit from my tailor and cleaner and had occasion to wear it today. So it seemed like a good time to actually bother with a photo, and here it is...
Beautiful suit, and you wear it well. I hope I look half as good in my photos here. Any closeup shots (fabric, tags, etc.) would be very much appreciated.

anon`

One Too Many
Thanks Slim! That's a great compliment to get from you: I'm quite a fan of the outfits you put together. Often unusual (unorthodox, even?) but always elegant and stylish!

Jay, Marc: Thanks also! I feel... err, vindicated. I agree with you both, that this suit looks like it belongs to the '40s, post-war. In fact, it reminds me an awful lot of the suit Bogey wore in "The Big Sleep" (1946). That's why I mentioned it looking anachronistic to me, because unless my wits have completely abandoned me, it sports a 1949 union label!

I'll try to take a couple of detail photos of the tag and fabric today, weather permitting. And after a few more cups of coffee. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats