Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Some great looks on display!

In the meantime, I have got to try and persuade SWMBO to take my photographs for me...

005-5.jpg

Another Ravi suit, this time d/b 6x2 in a wool/silk mix, MoP buttons, with fishmouth back double forward pleat trousers as before. I like it generally, but the lapels look a little weedy to me - I'd like them a little wider, and the points more pronounced
Tyrwhitt shirt again (about 5 years younger than yesterday's, though) - blue graph paper check
Printed silk tie, with small blue, grey and white diamonds
Grey silk pocket handkerchief
Pale grey barathea braces

030-1.jpg

Vintage ruby glass cufflinks (in a rhodium-plated mount?) - my only vintage clothing item today, I must be slipping...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
just got back from a great day, but had to show that I can actually be very casual dressed!! Well after 5 p.m. This is my speedboating/drive in movie/Rizzo inspired outfit ;)

Sorry for the very windblown hair and..eeek..a tan!! Gingham shirt, denim shorts and 40s-esque suede wedges which makes my legs über long, bot very wobbly on a boat!!

DSCN0678.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Darhling said:
just got back from a great day, but had to show that I can actually be very casual dressed!! Well after 5 p.m. This is my speedboating/drive in movie/Rizzo inspired outfit ;)

Sorry for the very windblown hair and..eeek..a tan!! Gingham shirt, denim shorts and 40s-esque suede wedges which makes my legs über long, bot very wobbly on a boat!!

DSCN0678.jpg

You could get 50 tans and you'd look brilliant!

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Darhling said:

DSCN0678.jpg

Shazaaammmm!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Here's the outfit for today. A Vintage-Inspired outfit, and a 2nd day hairstyle. The quasi 40's smocked blouse is from Macy's, the wool gored trumpet skirt is Ralph Lauren Chaps. The shoes are my ballroom dance shoes.

The only vintage pieces I have on is the little 30s dress clip which is 1/2 of a duette, and my 40s eyeglasses.

I actually like the front of my hair better today then how it looked yesterday when I got it set! So much so that I made the head shot pic my avatar.
368614967.jpg

368614990.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
JennyLou said:
Ka-pow! lol You always look amazing Darhling.

Thanks JennyLou, you are too kind!! .. and I got my ka-pow!! Woohoo!

Antje - I love the wedges to death, they remind me of Carmen Miranda!! but deathtraps on anything other than level ground lol

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Yesterday here in the Swan River Colony, it was a rather chilly morning 3c so I considered wearing my Racoon coat to work, riding the train in to the city, I was a bit nervous, but saw it as a "test" of my "Nerves" of steel, actually no one made a comment or laughed, although I did here a few cell phone cameras click!!!!;),and everyone in the office wanted to try it on!!!, sometimes you have to push the envelope, if only for the adrenaline rush ( bit like streaking in the 1970's?)

3472453938_620d19b9e6.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
BinkieBaumont said:
"Yesterday here in the Swan River Colony, it was a rather chilly morning 3c so I considered wearing my Racoon coat to work, riding the train in to the city, I was a bit nervous, but saw it as a "test" of my "Nerves" of steel, actually no one made a comment or laughed, although I did here a few cell phone cameras click!!!!;),and everyone in the office wanted to try it on!!!, sometimes you have to push the envelope, if only for the adrenaline rush ( bit like streaking in the 1970's?)

Bravo...but then 3C in the Swan River Colony is seriously cold.

Bugsy

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:

Congratulations. You look great!!:eusa_clap Hard to believe that it's so cold where you are and you're wearing a racoon coat. It's going to be about 100F here today. My coats are staying in the closet.;)

Warbaby

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:

Fabulous coat, Mr. Beaumont - I am verdant with envy! Wear it often and it will soon feel perfectly natural and inconspicuous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats