Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I got the suit from a vintage shop several months ago. And I've had the PT 709 for a couple months.

The way I wrote that made it sound as if I got both of them today.

RBH

Bartender
thunderw21 said:
me119.jpg

The bottom line is.. YOU ARE THE MAN! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

23SkidooWithYou said:
YOU, are a doll!
The scarf is amazing. Do you know more about it? I mean, is it really a post war celebratory item, or a modern item that happened to have a Vday sort of theme? Either way, I love it.

Thank you Ma'am! Yes, I really love this scarf too - it's one of my favorites.

It is, in fact, the real deal. It's made of a shiny rayon twill and the hem thread is cotton.

Here's a shot of it flat:

1120091948.jpg

I have more details of the banners on each side which are actually names of the various battles / cities. I don't want to clutter up this thread, so if anyone wants to see more if this I can post in the Display case somewhere.

I need new batteries for my regular camera, so sorry, but you're stuck with cell phone snaps for now.

analiebe

A-List Customer
todays work attire (i simply must get a non-workday outfit up soon) taken before heading out the door - sorry for the not so great images - desperately need to get a tripod or have at least one of my dogs grow an opposable thumb!

antons (melbourne label i work for) 40's inspired mens' wool pinstripe zoot trousers (tailored to fit), 50's grey belt, vintage rayon pinstripe blouse, 50's velvet studded hat...

4121062659_e7ef9a8036_o.jpg

4121062493_7f40962efa_o.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
1934 single breasted, peak lapel suit in black herringbone.
Grayco end-lock tie.
DSC09238.jpg

Underneath is this shirt, which I bought last night at value village.
Probably '80s, but it has a nice woven pattern and narrow spread collar.
DSC09226.jpg

Excuse the face. It's no-shave November.

analiebe said:
todays work attire (i simply must get a non-workday outfit up soon) taken before heading out the door - sorry for the not so great images - desperately need to get a tripod or have at least one of my dogs grow an opposable thumb!

antons (melbourne label i work for) 40's inspired mens' wool pinstripe zoot trousers (tailored to fit), 50's grey belt, vintage rayon pinstripe blouse, 50's velvet studded hat...

4121062659_e7ef9a8036_o.jpg

4121062493_7f40962efa_o.jpg

What a great look - you should walk with a little swagger! Quite stylish!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
I picked up this Pendelton shirt today at a vintage store in Covington TN.

I have wanted one every since I saw thunderw21 in one.

hpim5009.jpg

Looks great Rusty. I have one in different colors and I wish I had more. It is my favorite jacket. Is yours a fairly light weight wool?

handlebar bart said:
Looks great Rusty. I have one in different colors and I wish I had more. It is my favorite jacket. Is yours a fairly light weight wool?

I dig 'em too. Got a red plaid one myself, bought for 15 bucks at my favorite junk peddler's emporium. Some previous owner was inspired to put metal buttons on it. (At least he or she left the cuff buttons alone.) A few bucks at the fabric store got me three new leather buttons to replace those metal ones, and one to spare.

Love that blue plaid, Rusty. Looks great on you.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
tonyb said:
I dig 'em too. Got a red plaid one myself, bought for 15 bucks at my favorite junk peddler's emporium. Some previous owner was inspired to put metal buttons on it. (At least he or she left the cuff buttons alone.) A few bucks at the fabric store got me three new leather buttons to replace those metal ones, and one to spare.

Hey Tony. You did better than I did. I bought one of the new ones they made acouple years ago..........and not for $15. That's a great price.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I Tootled off to Hyde Park for a Champagne Breakfast, to celebrate my Chumrade "Frilly's" Birthday, Linen Suit, Straw "Pith" stye hat. pinstripe shirt in Mint green (Looks blue in photograph) Argyle silk tie, and two tone brogues, Yes! I know i'm showing a spot of flesh

4124349976_5614ccd955.jpg

"I have to wear dark spectacles when I go out in public I have such kind eyes, beggars and suchlike cluster around and annoy me"

RBH

Bartender
Duck said:
See Rusty, I told you that jacket is sharp looking!
Thanks Duck for helping me decide to go ahead and get it.
YOU WERE RIGHT!!!

tonyb said:

Thanks Tony, I think I will really enjoy this jacket!
It is in pristine shape with all original buttons.

thunderw21 said:
Nice one, Rusty, the pattern is great!
Thanks to you T21 !!!!!!! Yours was the first one I really took notice of.
Also Handelbar Bart has one I really liked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR