Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mallory_cravenette_02_23_10.jpg

Edward

Bartender
It's rare for me to have a photo to publish here, living as I do alone with two cats who show no signs of developing photographical skills. This photo was taken just outside Edinburgh's registry office on Saturday just past, a fe minutes before we went in to a friend's wedding. The suit is original 1950s (an eBay find for GBP25, last Summer), as are the cufflinks and tie. Pocket square is a modern, plain silk item. The hat is a 1970 item (Herbert Johnson for Brooks Brothers), though in a fifties style (I do have a genuine fifties Homberg in a light grey colour, but I couldn't find it to hand when I was packing - flat currently in chaos as I remodel the place). I dispensed with the fifties, tweedy overcoat for the day as the ceremony was only five minuts from the hotel in which the reception took place (and where I stayed for the weekend). Shoes are by Barker.

19443_325253632259_555787259_4124831_8207710_n.jpg

elserienkeklave said:
this thread always makes me think a zz top song : every girl crazy for a sharp dressed man

If only..... (ell, either that ai't true, or I'm not sharp... lol ).

Darhling said:
I thought this picture was very Mad Men'esque! From Friday evening at the Pigalle Club.

Jings, I've not been in there in an age.... I should change that.

sproily said:
Dinner suit / stroller
I just happened to find a late 50's silk lined coat with peaked collars and I finished what I had started.. the stroller project! Oh well.. I think I need a bowler ;)
sproily_lounaspuku1.jpg

Bowler? Nah, I'd run with a nice Homberg.... a tiny touch more formal (if you're being picky), and just, imho, a much nicer hat. But then I never did like bowlers, so your mileage may vary. A top hat would never be my choice with a stroller; to my eye, a topper requires the length of a tailcoat or morningcoat, frockcoat, etc for the proportions to look right. That's purely a personal aesthetic opinion, however - durig the Edwadian era they certainly would have been worn with that outfit.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
To me, you are the embodiment of the true meaning of Rock 'n' roll!

And I always thought that it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing... ;)

Laura Chase said:
Mario, you have to stop! You are too charming. ;) :D The most beautiful man on the lounge.

Laura...I think it's YOU who'll have to stop! I just can't go on like this, blushing at my monitor everytime I read one of your responses! :eek: ;) :D

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mario said:
And I always thought that it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing... ;)

Laura...I think it's YOU who'll have to stop! I just can't go on like this, blushing at my monitor everytime I read one of your responses! :eek: ;) :D

Hey Mario, I thought it was a trick of the eyes, but I noticed more colour on your face lately.. Just wait a few moments after reading the nice things Laura writes about you before taking another pic of yourself ;) oh well, you don't have to be ashamed about it hey :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy