Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
003-2.jpg

50s Royal Stetson, Vintage tie, Modern shirt

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Kools, your outfits are always great, but I think I like this suit best of all. Maybe a fondness on my part for double breasted three-piece suits, but the whole look is wonderful.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Today:
Brown Harris tweed jacket, white linen square, pocket watch on lapel strap
40s Radiac collar, red and green wool tie
Grey trousers, brown brogues

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Nick D said:
Today:
pocket watch on lapel strap

Hi Nick

If that's a leather strap which goes from the lapel buttonhole and dangles into the breast pocket of the jacket I'd be very interested to know where you got it. Been looking for one of those for a while.

Regards
Anton

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Apologies for the picture quality - snapped it with my Blackberry in the ladies' robe room at work (the only full length mirror in the building).

124vxbb.jpg

Black/white dress with black belt (Target), black Express cardigan, 1940s black/white bakelite necklace, men's Tissot watch from the late 40s/early 50s, and Italian black leather heels.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Nasty rainy day.
maine hunting shoes, vintage ll bean canvas hunting pants (the kind with the wool knit cuffs), canadian army sweater, chambray chinstrap shirt, adventurebilt, ex- canadian wildlife federation hydro-duck coat
P1050245.jpg

P1050246.jpg

P1050252.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
AntonAAK said:
Hi Nick

If that's a leather strap which goes from the lapel buttonhole and dangles into the breast pocket of the jacket I'd be very interested to know where you got it. Been looking for one of those for a while.

Regards
Anton

Anton, I didn't get a picture of yesterday, but that's the thing. I got it at a vintage shop in Haworth, it was hidden in a corner in a case.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
fortworthgal said:
Apologies for the picture quality - snapped it with my Blackberry in the ladies' robe room at work (the only full length mirror in the building).

124vxbb.jpg

Black/white dress with black belt (Target), black Express cardigan, 1940s black/white bakelite necklace, men's Tissot watch from the late 40s/early 50s, and Italian black leather heels.
I love this look! It's hard to see what the cloth pattern looks like, though.

draws

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
Nasty rainy day.
maine hunting shoes, vintage ll bean canvas hunting pants (the kind with the wool knit cuffs), canadian army sweater, chambray chinstrap shirt, adventurebilt, ex- canadian wildlife federation hydro-duck coat
P1050245.jpg

P1050246.jpg

P1050252.jpg
Dinerman, what you need with those boots is a nice pair of traditional cut breeches.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This is what I wore to work yesterday. Its what I usually wear except I will alternate hats, overcoats, ties, etc. Had to get a bit dressier yesterday because at night time I was at the Green Mill Lounge listening to some big band jazz.

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

brendon

Familiar Face
Joshbru3 said:
This is what I wore to work yesterday. Its what I usually wear except I will alternate hats, overcoats, ties, etc. Had to get a bit dressier yesterday because at night time I was at the Green Mill Lounge listening to some big band jazz.

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03146.jpg
lovining the clothes especially the collar bar greast look

Warbaby

One Too Many
Trying out a Pendleton shirt/jacket?

I found this odd Pendleton shirt/jacket at the thrift store earlier this week and wore it for the first time today. Not sure what to make of it, but I like it. It's made of the same lightweight wool as Pendleton shirts, unlined except for the yoke across the back, and has cuffs like a shirt, but the lapels and pockets are styled like a jacket with jacket-size leather buttons. Any thoughts about dating it?

Pendleton.jpg

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
Getting ready to go hiking in 30 degree temps! Sorry for the shaky picture(my 6 yr. old doesn't quite have a still hand yet). Just got this Saddleback Leather satchel yesterday...its beautiful! Perfect size. I've had two others(the pouch and the briefcase) that just weren't the right proportions. They nailed it with this one!
DSC00550.jpg
[/IMG]

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
Nasty rainy day.
P1050245.jpg

P1050246.jpg

P1050252.jpg

Dinerman,
Fantastic outfit! Love the vintage LL Bean...looks great and everything fits you perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran