Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I went to the Green Mill Lounge for some swinging big band jazz tonight. I thought i might want to look the part of a 20's ganster considering this club was a very popular club with Al Capone and his gang. When I walked in the door, the doorman asked me if "they were filming another Untouchables movie in chicago." I have on the same hat as yesterday, but the bigger brim of this Vintage Dobbs is really growing on me. Im going to go with the recommendations of so many Fedora Loungers and get a little bit wider of a brim. But for now, its the Grey vintage Dobbs with the side "swoop.".............Thanks Mario.

DSC03192.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Vienna, March 30th 2010

PhonephotosUploaded12April2010019.jpg

Modern rabbit fur fedora, 2" brim, very similar in shape to an early fifties Cavanagh I have

Jacket - Marks & Spencer Donegal Tweed jacket, two button, est. early 2000s; bought on eBay for £10 four years ago.

Shirt - Saville Row Company white dress shirt, spearpoint collar with collar pin, double cuffs

Tie - postwar, est. late 40s, in Rayon

Pocket square - cotton, red w' white polka dots

Trousers - Unicorn designs repro fifties pegged (nicely cut, very practical, though alas let down by a modern low-waist. Fine for everyday wear, but I'll be looking something higher next time).

Socks.... don't recall!

Shoes - B&W corespondants in a wingtip / full brogue pattern, from Violet Promotions (since ceased trading), bought back in 2003. My first two-tones.

Photo is me being geeky - Kelsen was one of the big names of legal jurisprudence... I wish I'd thought to take off that damn conference lanyard before the photo was taken.

MissHannah

One Too Many
This was actually a few weeks ago, but this is me and my boy at a friend's wedding. It was absolutely freezing!

We're to the right of the dragon!
BSC_0020s.jpg

_RAY2059.jpg

_RAY2352BWs.jpg

_RAY2447sa.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
I went to the nearest school with a clothing design line and cried out loud: "who'll make me a pair of trousers!?"

The next thing I knew I had this young lady talking to me about what I'd want.

They cost me 80 euros plus fabric 30 euros.

Not bad..

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Sproily,
Something about your outfit today looks vaguely sinister, but in a very gentlemanly way. You would make a very elegant villain in a movie.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Nick D said:
This photo is inspired by some catalogue scans I've seen posted here.

DSC07302.jpg

From top to bottom:
Charcoal gray argyll socks
Clarks leather-sole shoes
Braces
Unmarked hat
1950s suit
Radiac collar
Boston sock garters
Champion fountain pen
Studs, tie bar, safety snap links
Wallet
Tootal tie
Smiths watch and leather strap
Linen pocket square
Cotton handkercheif
Unmarked shirt

Sounds like a lot all listed out like that, but it doesn't take long to get dressed.

I have noticed you refer to the "Radiac collar" before - is this a brand? If so, is it still around? Or is it the style of collar? It has a great shape and looks brand new!

Maguire

Practically Family
I finally finished up my working over here but i went cycling before i left. I figured the folks here might appreciate the photo i took over by the bridge during my cycle (it was a beautiful day out).
DSCF2293.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
sproily said:
I went to the nearest school with a clothing design line and cried out loud: "who'll make me a pair of trousers!?"

The next thing I knew I had this young lady talking to me about what I'd want.

They cost me 80 euros plus fabric 30 euros.

Not bad..

Great trousers, great fit...:eusa_clap

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Mountain Man said:
I have noticed you refer to the "Radiac collar" before - is this a brand? If so, is it still around? Or is it the style of collar? It has a great shape and looks brand new!

It's a brand, I don't believe it exists anymore though I don't know when it was discontinued. I have a couple Radiac collars, they're among my favorites, great fit and shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy