Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

*SeaStar*

New in Town
IMG_0811-1-1.jpg

This was me yesterday. 1950s Stetson Royal, clubmaster knockoffs, 70s loopcollar shirt, 40s slacks and PF Flyers.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! What a beauty!!!

And you look very handsome too Jay :)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
A mid-50s sport jacket (recent find) and late-50s square-end tie. A label on the inside of the jacket says 'Made for Rev. D.D.C."
6247819948_1b4b415496_b.jpg
[/IMG]

The picture appears similar to what would be on the study wall, that of the owner of the bank! Very professional appearance, good pose, sharp dressed.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hey, I like whatcha' got goin' on there, Gene. Not a bad name either!

----------------------

Here I am the other night off to a Rotary function - a vintage-themed fundraiser dinner deal.

'50s cashmere jacket, '50s NOS shirt, '40s tie and Disney fedora.

Shoes courtesy of 'Cookie' from Down Under. I still owe 'im one!

DSCN9322.jpg

Looking very clean for sure. The shoes...that is a hunt I am still on....to die for.

Edward

Bartender
I love this thread just because it's so full of variety and style.

Edward, I really like that last photo with the three piece suit and the shirt and the...What's that red thing? Is that a cravat? I really like that look. I wish I could pull it off, but I don't have a cravat...

Thanks. Yes, that's a cravat (a silk one, in a rich, claret red with green paisley pattern. very easy things to wear, and so much neater than just an open neck shirt when it's not so war and/ or you're not shooting for that specific open-neck over the collar thing. I do love a cravat. eBay is one of the best places to pick them up, or vintage fairs. Not a lot of people wear them now, though they can get pricey. A new one on Jermyn Street will set you back sixty quid. Eep! Most I have are probably 1960s, but given that they have basically never changed in design, you can pair one from any era with a vintage look and it'll work. Ex-wedding hire can be a good route for a cheap starter one - just don't be one of those cretins who tries to wear it knotted like a four in hand - never looks right. ;)

The suit is an interesting one. It's definitely repro. The trimmer trouser leg and high button stance suggests twenties or earlier to me. The trousers are fall-front, which is interesting. Nice smooth line, though you have to be, eh, careful to keep that front out of the way in certain situations, if you follow me. Otherwise could be kinda embarassing....

This is actually from yesterday, but it was a Pilgrim fedora and Hollywood jacket kinda day.

fed.jpg

Yes, I was attempting to be monochrome!

Sharp look - love the colour, and the jacket especially.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Gene!

Good to see you again around here! Looking grand too! :D

Hey, I like whatcha' got goin' on there, Gene. Not a bad name either!

----------------------

Here I am the other night off to a Rotary function - a vintage-themed fundraiser dinner deal.

'50s cashmere jacket, '50s NOS shirt, '40s tie and Disney fedora.

Shoes courtesy of 'Cookie' from Down Under. I still owe 'im one!

DSCN9322.jpg

Justin B

One Too Many
I think it looks great Adam! Love the color of that suit, it's so nice and bright. You might think about wearing a brighter tie with it too. I bet you really stand out in a crowd.

Gene

Practically Family
I think it looks great Adam! Love the color of that suit, it's so nice and bright. You might think about wearing a brighter tie with it too. I bet you really stand out in a crowd.

Agreed, a complementary-colored tie with bright oranges and yellows would be perfect!

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Thanks all! Your compliments are much appreciated. I acquired a lot of ties, in nice bright colours, but that one was the only one I had to match my yellow pocket square.

The bright blue sure was eye-catching and I received many a nod and approving looks from passersby.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari