Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Went to court this morning and am meeting up with people for some group work for a competition but no lectures or seminars today so a semi-casual outfit is in order. One of my poor resolution webcam photos I'm afraid.
125134.jpg

Here's a better picture of the colours/details of the tie and jacket.
125312.jpg

-50s jacket (part of a suit)
-50s waistcoat
-50s tie
-CC41 (wartime) flannel trousers
-New Akubra Federation (it's predecessor had a chunk of the crown ripped off by a viscious dog two months ago...)

dog20

Familiar Face
Where do you folks by your clothes and accessories (ties/belt/watches, etc)? I would like to have a new outfit but I don't want to spend several hundred dollars. Thanks!

rue

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Where do you folks by your clothes and accessories (ties/belt/watches, etc)? I would like to have a new outfit but I don't want to spend several hundred dollars. Thanks!

I've gotten all the vintage or vintage-like outfits I own at thrift shops. You spend more time looking (and go home empty-handed most days), but eventually you find something great for mere pennies. Good luck searching!

And it's been a nice week in this thread, loads of great outfits! I've just worn varying shirt/slacks combinations with my same "everyday" sport coat and fedora. Maybe I'll grab a picture tomorrow, but I'm not much to see lately.

-Steven

Dubya

One of the Regulars
What was I wearing 'yesterday' :p

Well, tea at the Ritz Hotel in London was the order of the day (my brothers 50th Birthday), with as much tea you could sup, and as many sandwiches (without the crusts, naturally!), scones and cakes you gould get down your Gregory (Gregory Peck = Neck)..................................buuuurrrrp! :D

Apologies if the images are a little blurred. The lighting was a little subjued and my brothers wife unfamiliar with my camera phone thingy!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Hi Medici. Welcome to the forum.

There are a number of men who still dress in the vintage (or at least, vintage-inspired) style. I'm certainly one of them. For me, it's a rebellion against popular youth fashion that does it.

TTO

Familiar Face
Thanks for your comments last time folks!

made for a veritable giant (6’7”) in 1960 by Denman & Goddard of Sackville Street, holders of a Royal Warrant for King George VI
The original owner was around 3” taller than me, mainly in the legs it would seem, those I can alter myself, but with working cuff buttons, the sleeves are another matter.
Unfortunately there is some moth damage, as you would expect for a suit made more than half a century ago, so I may not bother with any more expensive alterations, and wear it with the sleeves turned back like so! It was dirt cheep so who cares!
-TTO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails