Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Limited? Come on, just think about Indiana Jones and what he travels the world with...:D
Nice casual look. Personally, I prefer long-sleeved shirts.
Brand of the pants, please?

Semco trend line, I think? I picked them up at a shop here in Kharkov for 129 grivna, which is like 16 bucks US lol. They're kind of cheaply constructed, but honestly I can't complain for that price!

Edward

Bartender
Edward: That half belt is a beautiful jacket, I keep meaning to get one from Aero but I'm forever buying more Barnstormers... Must try and get round to it though. I'm particularly fond of the Hercules model they do!

Thanks! Yes, they're pricey (moreso than they used to be, as is the way of things), but definitely worth it. My nephew will be able to wear them long after I'm gone (or flog them for the price of a pint if sartorial elegance turns out not be be his forte...). You must be of an age where you've stopped growing now (my only problem from my mind twenties was growing, eh... horizontally), so now could be the time to think about investing.... keep an eye on the sales page, I think you could find a really good bargain on there close to your size. There was a really nice one of the thirties jackets, the half belt variation, can't recall which model - on there recently, in black horse. Stunning stuff, and a good GBP150 or so less than the regular price.

If you're looking for white shoes, try these:

http://www.silvermans.co.uk/Product...+SHOES/ItemId/1982/CurrentPage/0/Default.aspx

In case the link doesn't work, they're from Silverman's (www.silvermans.co.uk), Item is: White Naval Shoes, Catalogue Number 05010. I have a pair, and they are great. Usual high quality of most military surplus stuff, for £59.99. I picked mine up about a year and a half ago, well pleased with them.

50sdress1.jpg

closeup3.jpg

Oh. Oh, my. Wonderful.

My Wife and I have been sitting here viewing all the pictures and posts, and have to say (not the first time we have thought this), but Edward, really, we cannot understand why no one has "found" you to cast you into movies?!?! Just these pictures show how much personality you have and by nature anyone can tell you have a very outgoing charm.

Very flattering, thank-you. I would dearly love to run away from real life and act for a living, but to date I've not received that opportunity of a sufficient paycheque (or other means of financial stability) that I could afford to switch career path in that way. I've known one too many people in the business to think I could do it otherwise. Shame.... I was actually quite good at it, and my strengths always were to character acting (just as well - there isn't much call for mildly over-weight, middle-aged bald guys to play romantic leads... lol ).

Not exactly today but a little while ago

k0rekx.jpg

Oh my I think I may have to go and lie down for a while now. Someone fetch me a stiff gin mule...

Semco trend line, I think? I picked them up at a shop here in Kharkov for 129 grivna, which is like 16 bucks US lol. They're kind of cheaply constructed, but honestly I can't complain for that price!

Nice score! Look like a fairly good profile for Fifties pegs... How high is the waist?

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Nice score! Look like a fairly good profile for Fifties pegs... How high is the waist?
The waist rise is a actually pretty decent; they're by no means low rise. I can't wait to try them out with braces.

1280almas - I had no idea what Telnyashkas were when I first read your post, so I googled it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnyashka
These are very popular and actually I've seen several young gents wearing skinny blue jeans and a telnyashka under a leather jacket of some kind. Haven't seen them for sale in any stores yet. Must be a well guarded secret not for foreign eyes like mine! heh.

edit: update on my linen trousers; my assessment of their shoddy construction was confirmed today as I squatted down to operate my laptop on the coffee table and tore the seam in the croch for about six inches. Taking a close look, I can see that they've used an inferior single stitch in joining the main seams instead of an overlappping double stitch. Nevertheless, the material seems durable and is pleasant to wear, so if it isn't cost prohibitive I'll have my tailor back home reinforce all the main seams with proper stitching.

Last edited:

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Inudstry Night 5/10/12
Black three-piece jcpenny suit, silver watch and chain, bostonian wingtip shoes.
527790_10151093964958047_521493046_13127084_1087059764_n.jpg

Senior Show 5/11/12
Blue jacket, grey pinstriped vest, gold watch and chain, brown linen slacks, bostonian wingtips, detachable butterfly wing collar, shirt with gold cufflinks.
156414_10150803776426848_661586847_9970327_456974040_n.jpg

Commencement Ceremony 5/12/12
538246_10150804003926848_661586847_9971047_1507745226_n.jpg

179560_10150804007031848_661586847_9971073_1712104508_n.jpg

522972_10150804018736848_661586847_9971175_1232695057_n.jpg

564238_10151097858038047_521493046_13140869_486098130_n.jpg

So-long art school!

Last edited:

Flicka

One Too Many
Wearing the cloche I made last week:

1c11a093.jpg

(I suppose this could've gone in the 'what hat are you wearing'-thread but I wasn't sure if that's 'boys only' or not)

Rad Ryan

New in Town
Hey guys I'm new here and new to the whole high end shoe thing (sorta). Until about a week ago my nicer work boots were Chippewa's and a pair of Asolo Hiking boots. I decided to buy a pair of Alden 405 boots from Shoemart. I spoke to Floyd from Alden and he pointed me to Shoemoart which is local to where I live. Bob from Shoemart was a pleasure to deal with. My boots fit great and I couldn't be happier. Below are some pictures of the boots, me wearing them while driving a deuce and a half army truck, and one of my Omega seamster. Hope you enjoy them, as I have enjoyed checking out all the pictures you guys have posted.

-Ryan

7203957150_2d991d06fa_b.jpg

7203941262_fc1070cf75_z.jpg

7203950792_a8ae5bb7e0_z.jpg

7203944792_b5f925d116_z.jpg

7204105024_d6db003aae.jpg

Last edited:

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
Such dashing and smashing ensembles!!! I have been practically living in this 1930s red trimmed floral day dress and my Re-mix 'Emily" shoes (which look very much like pairs of white sandals seen in the 1936 sears catalogs).

dress.jpg

Edward

Bartender
The waist rise is a actually pretty decent; they're by no means low rise. I can't wait to try them out with braces.

1280almas - I had no idea what Telnyashkas were when I first read your post, so I googled it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnyashka
These are very popular and actually I've seen several young gents wearing skinny blue jeans and a telnyashka under a leather jacket of some kind. Haven't seen them for sale in any stores yet. Must be a well guarded secret not for foreign eyes like mine! heh.

edit: update on my linen trousers; my assessment of their shoddy construction was confirmed today as I squatted down to operate my laptop on the coffee table and tore the seam in the croch for about six inches. Taking a close look, I can see that they've used an inferior single stitch in joining the main seams instead of an overlappping double stitch. Nevertheless, the material seems durable and is pleasant to wear, so if it isn't cost prohibitive I'll have my tailor back home reinforce all the main seams with proper stitching.

Shouldn't be pricey... I've had a pair of vintage trousers go like that (just age of the stitching, I think). My local dry cleaner that I know does good alterations sorted them out for a few quid, sharpish.

Telnyashkas are great -I have one or two myself (also the Summer A-shirt version). I like them in their own right (sounds like the local kids you've spotted are wearing them a la Joey Ramone, which is a true classic), but the're also really great for the Winter, under a co-ordinating casual shirt with an open neck especially, or the A shirt type in the Summer under short sleeves. Given the variations available in colour (different elements of the Soviet / Russian armies have traditionally had their own colour, and they come with the stripes in: black, navy, sky blue, green and red), it's not hard to find one where the stripe will work with the colours of an outfit. I like that. Mine have all come from eBay - some sellers have a better price than others, postage being a big deal. I'm sure you can pick them up a lot cheaper over there - I usually end up paying in the region of fifteen to twenty dollars apiece. The quality is outstanding though.

Hey guys I'm new here and new to the whole high end shoe thing (sorta). Until about a week ago my nicer work boots were Chippewa's and a pair of Asolo Hiking boots. I decided to buy a pair of Alden 405 boots from Shoemart. I spoke to Floyd from Alden and he pointed me to Shoemoart which is local to where I live. Bob from Shoemart was a pleasure to deal with. My boots fit great and I couldn't be happier. Below are some pictures of the boots, me wearing them while driving a deuce and a half army truck, and one of my Omega seamster. Hope you enjoy them, as I have enjoyed checking out all the pictures you guys have posted.
7203950792_a8ae5bb7e0_z.jpg

Are thse the Indy model? I really like them. Especially the colour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy