What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

I honestly didn't expect this much of a response! Thanks everyone!

Like Tonics here, I too wasn't sure if black-and-blue would go well together. Especially those trousers. I half-considered changing them to something else (possibly grey). But I was already out the door and down the street. What're you gonna do?

The homburg is the only black hat I own and it seemed the right time and attire to take it along for a night on the town. I'm one of those guys who can't always pull off a homburg unless I'm wearing a particular shade or type of attire. I was wearing my heavy, black winter trenchcoat and that seemed to go well with it.

All day, I was fighting with myself. Do I take the trenchcoat? Do I leave it home? Do I take it off and take it back home before I leave for the city this evening? Do I take it with me? What do I do with it when I take it off? What if I get too hot...?

One step out the door, and I was RUNNING back to get it! It was SO COLD! I've no clear idea, but I'd estimate probably no more than 2-3 degrees above freezing!

2. Boodles

Boodles A-List Customer

Nice Optimo MM and I love that suit. Summer weight and striped but not seersucker I guess? Fathers day found us in the Grove Park, 8th floor overlooking the 18th tee box. I had the windows open, can't do that at home this time of year, and was awakened before 7 by 3 turkeys in a stand-off with the greenskeeper. What a hoot. The greenskeeper wisely maintained a good distance from the birds until they tired of the stand-off and left.

3. Mario

Mario I'll Lock Up

Yesterday. Today a diving suit would be more appropriate...

[​IMG]

4. Casual for once.

[​IMG]

5. Metatron

Metatron One Too Many

Sweet trousers. Any info?

6. Mario

Mario I'll Lock Up

Not a lot, really. They're linen and probably from the 30's. Double English pleats, straight, untapered legs, button fly. Pretty baggy too with 11" at the cuffs.

They were extremely dirty and yellowed when I got them and the fold lines looked orange rather than yellow. About 28 hrs of repeated soakings in OxiClean did the trick... ;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  7. Gin&Tonics

Gin&Tonics Practically Family

Mario, you make it look easy. Bravo!

8. Johnny J

Johnny J Call Me a Cab

Mario, great pic! I have a 1930's gray dress shirt and it has yellowed where it was folded on front and a little on the collar. You think OxiClean would help?

9. Mario

Mario I'll Lock Up

Thanks. The basic shape and construction of those trousers will serve as the pattern for the bespoke trousers I'm going to commission next month. I'll use one of the fabrics pictured below (6827-1 or 01--3-158).

[​IMG]

10. Mario

Mario I'll Lock Up

As long as the garment in question is not made from wool or silk (animal fibres) it should be safe. On a cotton shirt it could work out pretty well.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  11. Edward

Edward Bartender

How's the nubuck for keeping clean? I must have a look into those when cashflow improves.

Sharp. Great hat, I love a good Homberg.

12. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Edward!

Yes, the Homburg was a $20 thrift-store purchase. I really like it, but I wear it very rarely. This is only like the 3rd time I've ever put it on.

13. TTO

TTO Familiar Face

[​IMG]
    Hi folks, been a while!

14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man A-List Customer

Thanks! Yes, it is seersucker - just not in the usual blue/white or gray/white. The Grove Park, eh? I was home for Father's Day myself, and the weather was great - cool nights and warm but not humid days! Much different back here at Ft Bragg. Yes, that whole area around the Grove Park, Kimberly Avenue, etc., is ate up with wild turkeys! I can remember when you never saw one in WNC, but now they are plentiful!

15. GoldenEraFan

GoldenEraFan One Too Many

Well keeping them clean is tricky since I live in New York City, but I've only worn them less than a dozen times since I bought them so I haven't tried cleaning them just yet.

16. Gin&Tonics

Gin&Tonics Practically Family

[​IMG]
    New thrift store vest, new sunglasses and tie.

TTO, love that combo! That suit/tie and boater combination is inspired!

17. Wolfen

Wolfen One of the Regulars

Me today. The Koko Kooler is rapidly becoming my go to summer hat...

[​IMG]

18. Johnny J

Johnny J Call Me a Cab

Shirt is 100% Cotton. Thanks Mario! I will give it a try.

19. Vampyre Master

Vampyre Master Vendor

wow fantastic suit, just bought a boater myself
    VM

20. Vampyre Master

Vampyre Master Vendor

Gorgeous suit!!!!!
    VM