Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Edward

Bartender
Retro sports cap
Vecona work jacket
Chambray shirt
Vintage tie, Dinerman send me,
50s swedish cotton work pants,
Red wing beckmans

flodraussen01.jpg

flocloseup.jpg

Great look! You have a close up of those trousers? I ask because they look like they might be very similar to a pair I found on eBay ages ago.... Mine are a salt and pepper grey/green (actually very close to Wehrmacht Field Grey, I think) - darker on the inside, which can be seen where I've cuffed them. They seem to have been designed for someone much thinner than me to wear over the top of their trousers, as there is a button-flap behind the pocket on each side which allows access underneath (I assume it's for trouser pocket access, anyhow - I can't think anyone would need to adjust their underwear in that much of a hurry!). Very similar fit to my Freddies 40s jeans, though maybe a tiny bit narrower in the leg. Cracking trews that are a nice alternative where jeans are appropriate.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks. The trousers are indeed of the same type metatron sold to paddy. I recognized them on the UK ebay and bought a pair for myself. They just great for the money. I am thinking of another pair just in case the first would wear out. High waisted almost to the ripcage, very wide legs but don't look zoot-suitish. They are less pegged then they appear to be in the sellers pictures. (I was worried about that)
My girlfriend made some nice cuffs on them. I bought one size up and there is extra material too. I planned to wear em with suspenders but this day I only had a belt. There would hang straight otherwise. (could need an ironing too haha)
The color is a strange green and red weave. They become more greyish with wear I think

flo2t.jpg

flo3q.jpg

Also notice the beltback on the workjacket in the second picture ;-)

Our member GI Joe is wearing them here:
I was in the Mountains !
- Lofgren Cap
- RRL Shirt
- Swedish work pants from the 1950s
- modified spearheads Luftwaffe Jacket
More Piscs:
https://picasaweb.google.com/VEREINBRO/Sommer2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink
fla2k.jpg

fedora1.jpg

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mario,

I love the way your tie picks up on the color of your braces. Trouser/shirt/tie combos always feel a little incomplete to me without a jacket, but the careful color coordination here nullifies that entirely. Well done!

Thanks. :) I believe the tie was once part of a military uniform. It's made from a rather coarse cotton weave.

Aaaaah The new bespoke pair in donegal tweed? So fast?

If so...they deserve an own thread with detailled pictures.

Hold your horses, Flo... ;)

The Donegal tweeds will take a bit longer. First fitting is on Monday, the second on Thursday. After that I'll know more - and once I have it I'll make sure to post some detailed photos. :D

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Thanks. The trousers are indeed of the same type metatron sold to paddy. I recognized them on the UK ebay and bought a pair for myself. They just great for the money. I am thinking of another pair just in case the first would wear out. High waisted almost to the ripcage, very wide legs but don't look zoot-suitish. They are less pegged then they appear to be in the sellers pictures. (I was worried about that)
My girlfriend made some nice cuffs on them. I bought one size up and there is extra material too. I planned to wear em with suspenders but this day I only had a belt. There would hang straight otherwise. (could need an ironing too haha)
The color is a strange green and red weave. They become more greyish with wear I think

flo2t.jpg

flo3q.jpg

Also notice the beltback on the workjacket in the second picture ;-)
The Trouses looks good on you ! After 2 times wash, the color is now a bit more greyish.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran