Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Bugsy

One Too Many
agreed. Otherwise lovely wedding photos. Congratulations!
cw0464_zps66831c40.jpg

congratulations indeed!!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Congrats to the beautiful newly weds! May you enjoy a long and happy life together!

For more mundane purposes such as going to work and also spending an afternoon off in town I wore this outfit quite a bit lately. 30's style knit ensemble with a boy's shirt and my newest tie :)

8002485126_e4cb4bb308_c.jpg
8002484866_00e91c78ef_c.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Congrats to the beautiful newly weds! May you enjoy a long and happy life together!

For more mundane purposes such as going to work and also spending an afternoon off in town I wore this outfit quite a bit lately. 30's style knit ensemble with a boy's shirt and my newest tie :)

Now normally I don't comment at much length about women's attire, primarily owing to my lack of knowledge in the world of women's fashion, but I am going to say that you have truly outdone yourself in every respect here. This outfit is extremely flattering to your lovely figure, and is perfectly executed in each and every detail. The very picture of sartorial perfection! The belt, shoes and clutch are perfectly harmonious together, and yet are subtly different enough to avoid being boring.

Fantastic!

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Gin, ya look like you're ready to go recieve your cut of the pay... even if it means some "accidental tripping" of the payer! ;)

Yeah, dis here is a real nice forum...real nice...it'd be a real shame if someone was to uh....set fire to it, ya know what I'm sayin? If yous gives me some cash, I can make sure yous' protected...:p

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, dis here is a real nice forum...real nice...it'd be a real shame if someone was to uh....set fire to it, ya know what I'm sayin? If yous gives me some cash, I can make sure yous' protected...:p

We are already in someone else's territory (can't put a name on 'im though). I wouldn't try to muscle in. I've seen a few guys waving around tommy guns.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
'Gratz to the newely-weds! Looked like so much fun!

Protection here... na' see. We don't deeeal in ya's little protection. We got's our own protectin' crew around here. They come in little squads of 50, and go by the name of Mr. 45 and friends. So why dontcha's scram befores I reaches to tha count of three. One... two.. three!

And here is yours truly. It is still in the upper 80s here, so I am dressing down for the most part. Can't wait for the cooler weather!

01211.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab

8002485126_e4cb4bb308_c.jpg
8002484866_00e91c78ef_c.jpg

Outstanding CD.........if it were'nt for the 80's? housing in the background you'd think it was a period shot( if it were in B&W)

Edward

Bartender
Edward: Are those the tweed/tartan topped spectators (that Cheaney - I believe - make for Herring Shoes)?

Heringbone green (two tones) with tan threads tweed, yes. I bought these from Charles Tyrwhitt in their Winter Sale last December, they were in the 2011 Autumn collection, along with a pair of ankle boots in a similar design (alas, the boots were out in my size when the sale hit). I don't know exactly where CT have their shoes made, but based on what they have had in over the last couple of years and looking at that website I suspect they may well be Cheaney. The shoes on the Herring website certainly look as close as dammit to mine.

This seems so bizarre to me: I have never even held a gun, let alone fired one. The thought of carrying one at a wedding would be so alien over here.

I was at a wedding in Belfast once where I'm sure one of the guests was packing.... ;) Yeah, different cultures, though, that's for sure.

Congratulations, Thunder.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
My cousin is getting married today, and I'm invited to the wedding. What do you think?

DSC00091_zps62f93641.jpg

I apologise in advance for the focusing, this camera is really old and my regular one is broken. It's the best I could do.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats to you wedding, thunder.
Shangas, very formal too. The light grey of th waistcoat is very wedding-esque imo
Crazydaisy, perfect bas usual. I like knit too :)

Rocking a black 30s blazer semi casually ;) at the vernissage of a group exhibition. 17 illustrators including yours truly.
Outfit included a vintage tie I got from Dinerman, a Vecona spearpoint collar shirt and Vecona grey flannels.
flovernissage.jpg

Today I had to attend the exhibition from 10 to 5. Long day and not many visitors. *zzzZZZzz*
Rugby Ralph Lauren cotton blazer that I got from Chasseur, Vecona shirt, cotton square end knit tie and 4 cups of coffee.
floaufsicht.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is interesting an euphemism for "somehow it looks wrong"? ;) Now that I look at it both outfits were very stripe-heavy. The black jacket has a tone in tone stripe weave too.

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
The waistcoat is not grey. It's ivory white. I told you it was a terrible photo, but it was the best I could manage on the timer-set with this camera. As far as digital cameras go, it's an antique, and I didn't have the time to get a better photo. I'll sift through the wedding photos and I may have a better one.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Here's a better photo of what I wore to the wedding, taken at the actual wedding-venue, by a cousin of mine:

DSC00105_zpsa80f751d.jpg

My cousins, the groom, and his older sister:

DSC00099_zps820da797.jpg

The groom (in the cream-white waistcoat, on the left), his parents (my aunt and uncle), in the black three-piece, and the red dress, his sister (holding the glass of wine).

DSC00176_zpsde933d79.jpg

The bride (next to my cousin) is wearing a traditional Chinese "Cheongsam" dress. It's red, because red is the Chinese colour of celebration.

Here's a little historical titbit - The Cheongsam was invented in Shanghai, China, in the 1920s. So we had a smattering of the Golden Era at the wedding!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy