Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

here's me going out and coming in!!

whoops!!
hatter2.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Great cap, VM - is that a James Dermot? I've been looking at them on eBay, they look nice. After months of it being too hot for felt, I'm enjoying wearing a fedora every chance I get now, but I can sense the days when it is too windy for a brimmed hat, and when I break out the sheepskin (collars on those are too high for a brim at the back) are drawing in....

Great cap, VM - is that a James Dermot? I've been looking at them on eBay, they look nice. After months of it being too hot for felt, I'm enjoying wearing a fedora every chance I get now, but I can sense the days when it is too windy for a brimmed hat, and when I break out the sheepskin (collars on those are too high for a brim at the back) are drawing in....
Aha looks like the SECRET is out!! I did open the lining and filled with capoc to give extra height though, made all the difference ;-)
VM
ps the glasses are the cheapest part of the outfit, £11.00! vintage Ben Sherman shirt, old American real bow tie, the leather is very old also American and vintage John
White, brown monk shoes!!
VM

Edward

Bartender
Aha looks like the SECRET is out!! I did open the lining and filled with capoc to give extra height though, made all the difference ;-)
VM
ps the glasses are the cheapest part of the outfit, £11.00! vintage Ben Sherman shirt, old American real bow tie, the leather is very old also American and vintage John
White, brown monk shoes!!
VM

Capoc?

I have a pair of John White brogues with a rubber commando sole - lovely shoes. Picked them up, virtually unworn, on eBay for a song last year. Wonderful to wear in rain, a rich, deep mahogany colour. I would love to have a pair the same in black. Was out all day last Sunday in heavy rain, and my leather soles soaked right through, alas!

tonypaj

Practically Family
The proportions are perfect. The colors I like, as well. And I used to live in Bangor... I have a dislike of the propeller, partially just something I was born with, partially due to my experiences at the office, no offense meant. Also I paid a whole lot more for my glasses that are just like yours. It says Mikli on mine, no difference otherwise, now who is the fool :)

Gijoe

A-List Customer
- Lofgren Cap
- Replica WWII German HBT Drillich Jacket
- Chambray Work shirt
- Swedish Work Trousers
- LVC Neckerchief

Last edited:

zero.e

New in Town
A snapshot of me that turned out pretty well. I stumbled across an ascot not too long ago and today I came up with this combination, even though I'm not sure if I got the nerve to dress as such in regular bases.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Flicka

One Too Many
Kapoc sounds like the fiber in question. It was frequently used in life jackets.

Also commonly used for cushions on boats, since they float (and so you can save them if they fall overboard). Fairly expensive though, but then everything to do with sailing boats is.

zero.e

New in Town
Kiitoksia, sproily(and splintercellsz).

flatcap.jpg

Went for a bike ride with my 2 year old in tow today. Trying out the new flat cap in the splendid weather we're having lately. :D

Looking as good as ever. Some day I'm going to hunt down one of those vintage double alberts for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass