Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Cross-shared from the temp thread. Dressed casually for oil changes, etc today. Did wear my vintage wool-plaid jacket and my Akubra Camp Draft.

486136_10151454188424330_816156_n.jpg
Now I've seen everything, a Caddy with a snow plow! LOL. Just joking for the Sheldon Cooper's on hear.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
chesterhomb.jpg

fatherbear.jpg

Put on chesterfield and homburg to dine at the inlaws place. You can just see my youngest little one in the right corner. The second shot is sans chesterfield, to give an idea of the outfit. This ensemble was inspired by Father Bear from my daughter's favourite cartoon. I was hoping she would notice and get a kick out of it, but I guess daddy dresses in this manner so often that she didn't really notice lol.

I'm already seeing a similarity...

Father_Bears_Special_Day_0_large.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Nice outfit but it makes you look blurry.:D

Yeah, all I had was the camera on my cell phone, which apparently isn't very good. It seems like maybe it has a flash, but the flash didn't go off, so that might be part of the problem.

Shangas - I was going more for this:

4606043_l2.jpg

Also, Maurice Sendak's illustrations for Little Bear are the best. Father Bear is SO dapper in Sendak's version. It's awesome. Also, I just found out that Maurice Sendak passed away last year. In honor of him, check out dapper Father Bear from Father Bear Comes Home:

LITTLE-BEAR-TITLE-PG.jpg

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Aah. I grew up watching the "Little Bear" TV series. The moment you mentioned "Father Bear", I immediately knew what you were talking about.

...I'm so pathetic! Hahaha...

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
G&T, you look classic.

The weather here has been nastily changeable -- yesterday it was 76 F.; this morning it dipped to 49 and will rise today to 61 or so. Yesterday I wore my dark blue wool slacks, a yellow Hilfiger button-down shirt, and burgundy Ferragamo lace-up shoes (found at a local thrift store. HA!), topped by my near-stingy dark brown Resistol Kitten Finish fedora.

Today, pressed khakis, a brick-red Austin Reed button-down shirt with windowpane plaid, my brown Allen Edmonds Wilbert shoes, and a dark green London Fog hip-length jacket. (I've had it for years; LF doesn't make the waxed-cotton style any more, or at least I never see it in stores here.)

Oh, my hat: a silverbelly ca. 1960 Open Road, bashed in fedora style.

Edward

Bartender
I spent a week travelling in India earlier this month. Mostly only saw hotels, planes and meeting rooms, but did manage a little sightseeing in Dehli and Agra. Mostly wearing linen and my trusty Akubra Capricorn, but a nice old goat friend came along too...

100_1062_zps86c820ed.jpg

100_1066_zps9938444a.jpg

100_1054_zpsa0123b4b.jpg

100_1026_zpsa0dce34c.jpg

100_0969_zpse440d884.jpg

100_0952_zpsa2227876.jpg

100_0951_zpsb77f71c6.jpg

100_0950_zps57293ade.jpg

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Out for a Mothers Day walk in the country, with my boys... wife/mummy behind the camera.

To all mothers on the forum, have a nice day [though I think mothers days occurs on different days in other countries, if at all] - you are all amazing.

99736252.jpg

Gijoe

A-List Customer
ok not what I'm really wearing...
Maybe a stylish look for the summer:D
- Lofgren Cap
- Lofgren Sirt
- USN Shorts
- Red Wing GT
- Golf Socks

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
Finally got some warmer weather. Took my wife out to walk around today as she is about 39 weeks pregnant with our third child. Nobody really felt like dressing up. 50s Brent hat, Converse western style shirt, Custom tailored long Dickies shorts, Converse Chuck Taylors.

2013-03-10160442_zpsab476bc9.jpg

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
:)
Nice looking hats. Now you just need one for the little one.

Thank you :) the little one does have one, but he won't keep it on... and, unfortunately, the older son, fell head first off a log ten minutes after that pic was taken, so his is caked in mud... lucky it wasn't his best hat.

Any tips for cleaning a very muddy hat :(

Looking great there Gin&Tonics, despite the blur :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner