Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Edward

Bartender
If I may be so bold as to suggest these frames always worth having a pair of period glasses to complete the look
http://www.eyelids.co.uk/unisex/malta.html
VM

Those are pretty cool. I agree on the aesthetic value of period looking frames. My Ronsirs transformed a lot of my looks.

Wrong powers Vampyre Master and besides I'm opting to contact lenses :D.

And what's this! Second day in row Mr. Garrulus is dressed up like a gent, and I took the wise advise and used a top hat this time.

DBMorningCoat_zps250566d0.jpg

DBMorningCoatII_zpsc6752e6e.jpg

Sadly no comments this time... Only some smirks from some youngsters which I didn't care about and then some friendly smiles from some people. Maybe I was at wrong places?

I love that DB jacket - so rare to see now.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Garrulus,

You have some wonderful belle epoque outfits! I am quite envious...

Had an excuse to get on my vintage Hebden Cord tweed shooting suit and Johnny Cordova diamond tweed cap today... Yes the plus twos are not part of the suit, but I like these old Moss Brothers 1967 tweed plus twos better than the tight breeks of the suit.

405997791.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! No it was our semi-annual antique arms show, so I normally use it as an excuse to break out the tweeds or loden and an old double gun.

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Fantastic Mr. Garrulus... you look truly super :) ... and certainly well deserving of some respectable comments

Thank you very much but I didn't get as many comments as when I was out with my single breasted morning dress.

I love that DB jacket - so rare to see now.

Thanks, great to know that you like it but if I have to be honest it isn't really a double breasted one, it was originally single breasted with too big waist for me but then I converted it into a double breasted one. It can still be easily converted back if needed, and there will be very little marks.

Mr. Garrulus,You have some wonderful belle epoque outfits! I am quite envious...

Haha, never heard that one before! Thank you! I am fond of the turn of the century.

Love the detail on the buttons. Nice.

Thanks, damask buttons really can make a difference to a coat.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Haha, never heard that one before! Thank you! I am fond of the turn of the century.

Its the French term for the period from 1880s-before the First World War, a way of remembering what in hindsight seemed like a happy and elegant age in comparison to the horrors of WWI and post-war economic problems. So I thought you might like the term :)

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Bit of a mash-up, with some Ebay and charity shop buys... British made overcoat by Sovrano [?] for £30 - Mr. Hat Fur felt black fedora for £26 - John Rocha shirt for £4 and some no name cotton trousers also for £4... plus a cheap new waistcoat and pocket watch which my two year old bought me for xmas.

dsc0260xg.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
IMG_3213_zps0f489157.jpg

Jacket by Bookster; flannel shirt from Darcy clothing; vintage tie (no label); pocket handkerchief by Peckham Rye; Cheaney shoes; trousers from a tailor on Grays Inn Road.

Edward

Bartender
IMG_3213_zps0f489157.jpg

Jacket by Bookster; flannel shirt from Darcy clothing; vintage tie (no label); pocket handkerchief by Peckham Rye; Cheaney shoes; trousers from a tailor on Grays Inn Road.

Cracking jacket.... if that's what Bookster are doing now, I need to check them out....

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Edward: Cheers. There is a discussion about the Bookster jacket on the 'sports coats' thread. This isn't the standard pattern they use but it is cut using my standard chest size but on a pattern that is one size smaller. That gives it a more 'vintage' shape. Don't ask me how they actually do it, but i like the results. The lapels are odd, realy curved. At first I thought 'they look odd' then I thought 'I love them'.

A.C.: The mirror was a lucky find. We went out one day with the intention of finding an Victorian/Edwardian stand-up mirror. We went to a local antiques centre on the off chance that they might have one (but not really expecting to find one). It was the last thing we saw, in the last room at the shop. Fate was on our side that day because I had never seen one in there before and have never seen one there since.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I believe this style of lapel was very much a feature of suits in central and eastern Europe (there is a discussion of it in the thread on sports coats).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner