Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

crazydaisy

Practically Family
MissHannah, those photos look so authentic, and you a dream! perfect fit on the suit, too. I've been looking for a nice suit for a little while now, but never quite had the money to fork out for the ones I liked. Don't mind waiting for the perfect one, it's part of the game. Money will still need to be forked out, though. lol

Thanks guys for your kind comments on my previous pic. This is what I wore yesterday, my little 50's house dress that makes me look like a little girl (comes handy when the numbers in one's age start to look a little surreal). It's one of my most often worn vintage, in spite of not being my favorite period, due to the fact that is very non fuss and works in a number of lower key activities. Except the other day, when after wearing it in the day to visit my grandmother, I wanted to carry on wearing it at the night club. My husband had to step in say: this has to stop. lol
Still no hair do, I'm afraid. (I wore this a couple of weeks ago with a proper vintage do, but then I didn't have a camera on hand. Just saying, so you know I am not always bad).

4646939756_b45db12a0a.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
Maguire said:
DSCF2505.jpg

This panama arrived today in the mail courtesy one of the FL folks too.. i'm very pleased with it. The suit is a linen.. i got it for 7 on ebay and i'm not to fond of the color but i have the right tie and shirt for it, and since i've got so few linens, it'll make do.

lt looks like you come from one of the old films. You can pull off the look. :)

MartyH

New in Town
Wearing to work today: Khaki/beige cotton trousers, the same nuance and similar weave as the beige linen vest and suit jacket. White shirt, red and white polka dot bowtie (hand-tied of course). Straw Trilby.

It's the last day here before we start moving offices to another town, so I thought I should spiff it up a little. I've gotten several kind remarks about how nice I look today. And some odd looks. :eek:

Rain is in the air, so I left the bamboo walking stick at home to accomodate an umbrella.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
DSC00511.jpg

Going to a party tonight, I decided to wear this ensemble. What you can't see in the pics is the belted-back.. it's my only Magnoli suit.

Diego -- that's such an awesome look for you - fantastic!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Where did you get that suit?

Well, have a great party! :)

I'm also at a party tonight but it's going to be rather adventurous as we'll spend the night on a bunch of rafts. We're even going to sleep there. And make a barbecue. And drink. And sing. And...well...we'll see! :D

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mario said:
Diego -- that's such an awesome look for you - fantastic!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Where did you get that suit?

Well, have a great party! :)

I'm also at a party tonight but it's going to be rather adventurous as we'll spend the night on a bunch of rafts. We're even going to sleep there. And make a barbecue. And drink. And sing. And...well...we'll see! :D

It's a Magnoli Nassau-suit, not linen but a cool-wool-blend, very comfortable during summer-days. Thanks for the comp. I allready threw you a big thumbs-up in the 'what hat are you wearing'-thread, but I can do it here as well: I really, really dig what you are wearing the last couple of months! You got yourself some cool suits and I think they're enhancing in a big manner what was allready there: your coolness, you HepCat! :eusa_clap

Have a good one tonight, I wonder if the Mallory is coming with you, and if so, make sure it sticks to your head!;)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Maguire said:
A slightly cut off hat but this was the last day before the weather required a lighter suit:

DSCF2488.jpg

I don't know why but this suit usually gets lots of compliments. I think its a 70s cut because the lapels are HUGE. I don't have any other photos of it though. It cost me 9 bucks on ebay :D. The hat was an ebay victory from one of you FL folks out there. I still haven't given you the proper review but thanks, its great.

DSCF2505.jpg

This panama arrived today in the mail courtesy one of the FL folks too.. i'm very pleased with it. The suit is a linen.. i got it for 7 on ebay and i'm not to fond of the color but i have the right tie and shirt for it, and since i've got so few linens, it'll make do.

I know why you get compliments on that 70's suit: it looks good on you.

About that linen suit, it suits you well. Perhaps you could try a different colour tie, more contrasting, and a fresher colour shirt, just to spice up the subdued hue of your suit (which I like very much by the way).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I had my first full day in Rome today, and so, I did a little touring/exploring of the city. My choice of wardrobe was very limited, as my luggage was lost and has not come yet.

Here is what I was wearing.
IMG_8524.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Yeps said:
I had my first full day in Rome today, and so, I did a little touring/exploring of the city. My choice of wardrobe was very limited, as my luggage was lost and has not come yet.

Here is what I was wearing.
IMG_8524.jpg

You look great despite the loss of luggage. I've had that happen; it's not fun. Have a wonderful time in the Eternal City.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eusa_clap "Ich bin ein Berliner" ...not.

Do you match your icecream with your hair? ;) Is this your selfmade dress from the 30s shooting? Still loookin good on you.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
Going to a party tonight, I decided to wear this ensemble. What you can't see in the pics is the belted-back.. it's my only Magnoli suit.

You can't tease us like that. We need to see the back! ;)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:
You can't tease us like that. We need to see the back! ;)

lol I allready took off the jacket, and changed my mind about the shirt and tie:

DSC00515.jpg

This is after the 'burlesque-ballroom'-party..
DSC00520.jpg

notice that lovely door that needs to be replaced..

Big_e

Practically Family
Lottie said:
(Hello there- first post in this thread!)

Today was a very sunny day in Berlin, so I went to have ice cream with some friends:

IMG_3601.jpg

Real pretty! I love the way the colors stand out as you look at them and then blend in with everything else.
Ernest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24