Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Saturday; Vintage Blue Dobbs Fifteen, Penny's Towncraft cord shirt, Levi's and no-name harness boots.

DSCN6123.jpg

ws1

New in Town
I was compelled to take some pictures last night when I got home. Thought I'd share them here, too. The more astute may recognise this as an obvious homage to Schränker, and I think it turned out fairly well. Though, I'd like to see it with a tunic and stiff, to-attach collar.

up1.png

up2.png

up3.png

Really nice, very good looking bowler.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Berlin, I see you are under the spotlight. And with reason ;) !
Anon, simply put, :eusa_clap .
Mountain Man, excellent! I dig that pattern. Very well combined and complemented.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
^^ looking tip top again Berlin!
GEDC1884.JPG

What are you wearing today….A bakelite radio!:D
Sorry couldn’t help it- and apart from the new interesting headwear, I’m wearing a 40’s brown skirt, yellow jumper, and a 50’s smock- a work/dusting smock. (not a maternity smock!) This is a very odd ensemble for me, but I needed brightness and warmth today!
GEDC1922.JPG

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
My wife and I went to a formal diplomatic ball this weekend at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, invitations required "formal/black tie".

Wonderful time and of course we had a great time entertaining ourselves posing for fun photos.

1940s vintage Palm Beach white dinner jacket, some vintage 1950s Burton formal trousers, BB Golden Fleece pleated shirt, BB grosgrain self-tie, vintage Krementz onyx cufflinks and studs set, and Alan Edmunds captoe oxfords.

As an aside, the event confirmed my constant observations of how men in Hawaii love wearing blue or black suits and that the tradition of lighter color suits seems dead here. Out of 100 or so men in black tie I was one of three in a "tropical white/off white DJ" all the rest were in heavy black wool ones (and several in nicely done national dress, and then a few guys who got with sans tie, or in suits, or some other strange creative black tie). I have to say I felt cool and comfortable in my Palm Beach cloth, while other gents were mopping their brows…

395266559.jpg

But really my lovely wife put my ensemble to shame in her New Look style...

395288542.jpg

395288544.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo