Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys!

Here are some more:
395289349.jpg

395289348.jpg

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Well done everyone, a classy bunch indeed!

About to head out for a drink with some friends from out of town, thinking of wearing either a plaid shirt I was given for Christmas (new, but vintage inspired) or this jacket I bought last week at a thrift store that I believe it an original 60's item (and was never worn it would seem). I'm leaning towards my new jacket.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

Take care everyone!

Graham

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^ looking tip top again Berlin!
GEDC1884.JPG

What are you wearing today….A bakelite radio!:D
Sorry couldn’t help it- and apart from the new interesting headwear, I’m wearing a 40’s brown skirt, yellow jumper, and a 50’s smock- a work/dusting smock. (not a maternity smock!) This is a very odd ensemble for me, but I needed brightness and warmth today!
GEDC1922.JPG

You're a corker, you are, Miss T...

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim thanks!

He's naval officer and veteran from the patrol boats in Vietnam.

PS: I'm in LA for visit probably to the Cicada Club on 27 March if you are arround!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Widebrim thanks!

He's naval officer and veteran from the patrol boats in Vietnam.

PS: I'm in LA for visit probably to the Cicada Club on 27 March if you are arround!

Oh, a River Rat. A buddy of mine was one also, and had some interesting stories about patrolling the Mekong Delta, strumming his guitar along the way...Regarding Cicada, I should be around for that. At any rate, I'm sure that there will be some Loungers there to welcome you to L.A.!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Well done everyone, a classy bunch indeed!

About to head out for a drink with some friends from out of town, thinking of wearing either a plaid shirt I was given for Christmas (new, but vintage inspired) or this jacket I bought last week at a thrift store that I believe it an original 60's item (and was never worn it would seem). I'm leaning towards my new jacket.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

Take care everyone!

Graham

So which one did you wear, Graham? And how about the shoes?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Photoon2011-02-21at16543.jpg

Slicked and side-parted hair, brown corduroy sport coat, light blue dress shirt, blue jeans, brown leather belt, and casual brown leather shoes. Smart casual style, and I went out to dinner this evening as well, so I thought it was fitting.

Last edited:

OldSoul

Familiar Face
So which one did you wear, Graham? And how about the shoes?

Oh, you mean it's not socially acceptable to walk around in public in my socks?? Well I wish someone would have told me that! (Kidding :p)

I wore the jacket, I had never worn it anywhere before and I've worn the shirt many times already so it seemed like the better choice. As for shoes, I just wore a pair of newer Converse sneakers. I've been looking at picking up a pair of Red Wing's "Iron Rangers" lately but the bill is a little tough to swallow at the moment.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
have recently broken parts of the frame on two pair of modern eyeglasses, so my vintage 1940's American Optical eyeglasses have been put into daily use.

Last Thursday evening, the rain here had let up enough that I wore one of my vintage coats to Ballroom dance class, first time my man has seen me in any vintage garb. Wore the vintage beige boucle' coat with the fur running down the front openings on both sides, and a pair of vintage embroidered gloves. He doesn't wear vintage (though he reminds me of Golden Era actor Don Ameche:)), but he owns a house built in 1942- close enough!

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars

Shirt from Anthropologie
Skirt Homemade
Shoes from Amazon (can't remember who they're by)

I wasn't too sure about this outfit when I left home, but when I walked into my office 2 coworkers complemented me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran