Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
From a few weeks ago, with one of my college friends. 1950's orphaned suit jacket, and '30s or '50s tie.
CIMG0856.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I dunno how much I like this look, comments, criticisims?

CSC_0050.jpg

Hi, brspiritus. Black, gray, and white is a good color combination. And an open collar, when spread out over the lapels as you have done, can work well as a more casual look. Regarding the coat, I tend to think that you would do better with pin stripes, because they tend to "pull" the eye of the person looking at you downwards. If you do want to wear that coat with a necktie, I would recommend one with diagonal or vertical stripes, in order to attain the same "pulling" down effect.

-Lee

NW Trojan

Practically Family
Thanks, WB. Yes, we miss the SoCal weather and ocean beyond description!
Other than that, the Golden State is pretty much in the tank.
Left in '98 for a job change to Baltimore. Came to Boise 4 years later.
Not a lot of style and culture here, but it is beautiful and UNCROWDED...

Larry

So which one did you wear, Graham? And how about the shoes?

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
Hi, brspiritus. Black, gray, and white is a good color combination. And an open collar, when spread out over the lapels as you have done, can work well as a more casual look. Regarding the coat, I tend to think that you would do better with pin stripes, because they tend to "pull" the eye of the person looking at you downwards. If you do want to wear that coat with a necktie, I would recommend one with diagonal or vertical stripes, in order to attain the same "pulling" down effect.

-Lee

I actually ditched the jacket before going out as the temp shot up from 55 i the morning to 80 by noon. The jacket was a good find on ebay, I understand about stripes but I don't have the budget right now to get what I truly need. Thank you for the suggestions, they are much appreciated. Sometimes I think I'm just too fat to pull off vintage, but then again so was Sydney Greenstreet lol Today it was signifigantly cooler than yesterday, no reason to go out so it was button up shirt and cardigan day.

CSC_0053.jpg

Last edited:

Dixiecap

New in Town
This is my first real post even though i've been on this forum for quite a while.
Not today but recently this is what I wore in the snow in York:

Grey baggy trousers
Navy blue Jumper and White Shirt
Grey & Black striped tie
Grey Wool Peacoat
Christys 8 Panel Cap
Cambridge University Half Blues Wool Scarf

Many of you will notice I'm wearing converse (or chucks) which I usually do with my outfits - its comfortable! Plus its very hard to hard to find vintage shoes in my size (Im size 13 shoe and over 6ft 4").

Any comments? :)
tumblr_lh3fckaVX51qfg6hwo1_1280.jpg

Dixiecap

New in Town
Thankyou very much, and yeah it is a real pain sometimes, thats why most of my clothing is modern and just warn in a vintage style - most of the time I do pull it off :)
There just weren't many people of my height back in the golden age - and lets be honest theres not many around now! Still the advantage comes on the rugby pitch yet unfortunatly not on the vintage scene!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Many of you will notice I'm wearing converse (or chucks) which I usually do with my outfits - its comfortable! Plus its very hard to hard to find vintage shoes in my size (Im size 13 shoe and over 6ft 4").

Shoes are one of the few items where modern alternatives are available which "look the part". I would advise finding a decent pair of black or brown brogues or oxfords with leather soles.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer

Any comments? :)
tumblr_lh3fckaVX51qfg6hwo1_1280.jpg
Try finding a pair of good quality authentic looking brogues for a woman- now that is a task! I agree it would look more the ticket with a pair of oxfords, but I don’t know I quite like the converse (said from a girl who has forgotten the number of pairs of converse she has or has had in the past!:eek:).
Welcome to the lounge Dixiecap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran