Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Got out my 1950's Haspel's seersucker suit today. I still need to shorten the sleeves a bit.

I'm really enjoying the sun but in my opinion it's a bit warm for April. I can see trouble coming for the farmers...

louis_custom_hatters_04_21_11.jpg

Last edited:

pineconer

New in Town

big fan of this, it'll look even better once the tarmac is replaced with sand! blue boating slip ons, or an unconventional black shoe (unconventional colour for summer) would play very nicely with this as well, not to mention pick up on the black buttons and hat ribbon.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I get the strange feeling that politics in Australia can be quite entertaining - in a rather peculiar way... :rolleyes:

I like how the reporter to the right of Mr. Costello breaks into a huge grin when he admits that he's indeed not a doctor.

Last edited:

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
I agree with Mario, it’s far too warm for April! :eeek:
For lounging around in the house and going out to play (ok, knit) in the garden on this very sunny and warm Good Friday!
GEDC2756.JPG
GEDC2772.JPG

Beach/ lounge pyjamas made from an early 30’s pattern.
Shorts and top made from mid forties patterns.
Tx

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Besten Dank, mein Herr! ;)

I'm a bit stumped. Do you mean to imply that he is actually a she? :eek: :eeek:
Around here the name Kim is used for men as well.

Where did you learn the term "I'm a bit stumped" from, Mario? I swear that you must have had a lot of exposure to English-speaking people to know that older idiomatic expression, yah? Well, Kim can be used for males here, too (perhaps a tribute to Kipling...), but not that often. (I had a platoon sergeant by that name, but he went by "Whitey.") It's just that the posts listed under "Kim" seem to have a feminine ring to them. Alright then, enough speculation, and back to what we're wearing...

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Miss Tuppence, you always 'pull it off' so well. I would have to side with Mr. Widebrim and say I like the blue ensemble on the right.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Where did you learn the term "I'm a bit stumped" from, Mario? I swear that you must have had a lot of exposure to English-speaking people to know that older idiomatic expression, yah? Well, Kim can be used for males here, too (perhaps a tribute to Kipling...), but not that often. (I had a platoon sergeant by that name, but he went by "Whitey.") It's just that the posts listed under "Kim" seem to have a feminine ring to them. Alright then, enough speculation, and back to what we're wearing...

For many years I was constantly (read: daily) exposed to native English-speakers. Well, kind of... I used to play Irish trad. music for years and years. I travelled to Ireland and Scotland a lot. Add to that the Irish communities here in Germany and my relatives in the UK and the US. Oh, and I read a lot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy