Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
cimg0412g.jpg

The jacket is actually a little bit darker than it looks in this photo. It's also the same jacket a London shopkeeper attempted to burn three years ago, if anyone remembers the thread I posted at the time... :p

Last edited:

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
Thanks :). That was exactly the look I was trying to go for. The waistcoat-tie-hat-leather jacket look is one of my favourite casual looks next to the open collared jacket.

Whilst I prefer leather jacket and slip-over with a big flat cap, this looks damn good. It's probably just my northern upbringing that does that, however. I may try it some time with an odd waistcoat - thanks for the inspiration, Alan!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Whilst I prefer leather jacket and slip-over with a big flat cap, this looks damn good. It's probably just my northern upbringing that does that, however. I may try it some time with an odd waistcoat - thanks for the inspiration, Alan!
I recommend you do as the waistcoat and fedora add a new dimension to the look, and in my opinion by turning it into a smart-casual look it takes away from the obvious Indy connotation the hat and leather jacket might conjure up to some people. Don't thank me for the inspiration, thank George Stone (Andy Garcia's character in the film The Untouchables).

Edward

Bartender
cimg0412g.jpg

The jacket is actually a little bit darker than it looks in this photo. It's also the same jacket a London shopkeeper attempted to burn three years ago, if anyone remembers the thread I posted at the time... :p

Heh, yes, I remember that thread! Good look. I like mixing in a leather jacket instead of a blazer at times, it's a fun look.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Heh, yes, I remember that thread! Good look. I like mixing in a leather jacket instead of a blazer at times, it's a fun look.
Thanks. If you look very closely at the picture you can see a small dark patch on the right hand side of the picture halfway down the jacket - that's the burn mark. But given how sun bleached and scratched on the back (from crawling under a metal fence...) the jacket is I think the burn mark just adds character :p. I was going to wear a tweed sport coat yesterday but decided to wear this jacket instead..

Edward

Bartender
It's a great, somewhat more casual, look for this time of year when you might want an outer layer instead of a blazer but it's too warm for an overcoat as well. I've been wearing an A2 and My Halfbelt on and off like this a lot recently. I think it's almost cold enough that my Bootlegger with the tartan wool lining will soon be coming out to play....

thedanu

Familiar Face
thank you very much ^_^

a better picture of the edwardian outfit will be coming up in the near future, we are having a photoshoot for a project today and I'll be able to wear a couple of real edwardian ivory-coloured boots with it, they're so beautiful and fit so well that I can barely wait to see the whole outfit together :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy