Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
mike said:
I had a pair of these in black and the "rivets" fell apart! I've never seen anything like that happen before! Worst western/victorian company I ever bought! No issues on your end with them?

so far no, but we'll have to see. My biggest issue is the color. In the picture I bought them from, they looked to be a sandy color with stripes. In person they're a lot darker and orange-ier.

I like the fit and style, though. If you were to suggest something else similar, what brand do you think I should buy?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
so far no, but we'll have to see. My biggest issue is the color. In the picture I bought them from, they looked to be a sandy color with stripes. In person they're a lot darker and orange-ier.

I like the fit and style, though. If you were to suggest something else similar, what brand do you think I should buy?

wahmaker definitely! don't go with river junction either. they are impossible to deal with. I ordered a suit from them and got the run around for months and months & they kept making me feel like i was wrong some how for following up even though they kept telling me they'd be shipping by the end of the week (many times)?! Although I prefer their grass roots set up to wahmaker, wahmaker is the mark of quality and durability.
As far as the Frontier Classics go, the metal buttons that were used for the fly & as suspender buttons fell apart into separate pieces within a week of having them. I'm now completely a wahmaker man when going for these style of pants!

Jerekson

One Too Many
Connemara said:
No offense, but...did you wear this out of the house?

It would be a waste to have not worn it out. It's a lovely outfit.

I think you'll find that the "no offense, but..." gesture is a pretty useless one. It has every right to be offensive. You ask someone if he wore etc. out of the house because you obviously think its a dorky getup. If that's the case then there's the door.

Judging by your whole of 7 posts I can tell that you are a man who knows what he's talking about.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Connemara said:
No offense, but...did you wear this out of the house?

First, preceding a post with "No offense, but..." doesn't get rid of the offensiveness of what follows it. All it does it point out that you realize the post is offensive but you're still going to plow ahead with it regardless.

But Dinerman, it's a great looking outfit and a great look. I liked the all black outfit from a day or two ago - a spiffy ensemble.

Marty M.

Vendor
Springs?

Dinerman said:
Frontier classics trousers (high waisted brown stripe)
white kirkland button down shirt
brown '30s tie
'20s nu-way braces (no elastic- hidden springs)
'20s leypix wool winter cap
IMG_4580.jpg
lrg_excello-1.jpg

Dinerman, can you post a picture of the spring?
Marty

carter

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
Across the fields with one of my dogs (so the clothing is purely 'functional').

NewYearsEve07008.jpg

Paddy, I like the functional apparel. What footwear is hiding behind your pooch?

IMG_4580.jpg

Dinerman. I like the description of your outfit. I'd stick with Wahmaker on the pants. Two other manufacturers that I have dealt with cut their pants significantly smaller. I haven't had any rivet issues so far.

I also liked your all-black outfit. It looked very good on you.

Marty M.

Vendor
Yesterdays outfit.

Yesterdays outfit was a three piece brown plaid suit. Blue w/dark tan stripe and french cuff shirt. Deep, and I mean deap (did I say deep?) chocolate woven tie with large golden medalon. Allen Edmond brown country boot. Brown leather "Button" cuff links and a old Elgen pocket watch. Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

P1010206-2.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010212.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010216.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010220.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010219.jpg
[/IMG]

M. Jeffroy

New in Town
Hello again, everybody. It's been a while since my last post. Here's some work clothes I've been wearing alot lately.

Denim jacket-an antique store find
30s Elbeco wool flannel shirt
Repro Navy chambray shirt
Repro Army dungarees
Repro WWII service shoes

LesBleus2.jpg

Jeff

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Carter, the boots...

The boots (oh sacrilidge) are 1936 Royal Air Force flying boots (resoled for outdoor treks) that keep my tootsies very toasty!!
carter said:
Paddy, I like the functional apparel. What footwear is hiding behind your pooch?

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Marty, that pocket watch and chain are terrific.

I'm meeting with my casual CEO again today. Therefore:

Vintage Brooks Bros. tan camelhair single-breasted three-button single-vent sportcoat
Jos. Bank black cuffed corduroys
Jos. Bank white button-down, open neck
Lord & Taylor dark green sweater-vest
White pocket square, triangular fold
Vintage trout fly in left lapel
Black woven leather belt
Jos. Bank black patterned OTC socks
Florsheim burgundy/black saddle lace-ups, high shine (akin to AE Sheltons, very nice Florsheims)
Fossil watch with gold/silver band
Armani Mania cologne
Black double-breasted topcoat
Black leather gloves
Champ black short-brim fedora with patterned gray band and feather
Red and black scarf

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
M. Jeffroy said:
Hello again, everybody. It's been a while since my last post. Here's some work clothes I've been wearing alot lately.

Denim jacket-an antique store find
30s Elbeco wool flannel shirt
Repro Navy chambray shirt
Repro Army dungarees
Repro WWII service shoes

LesBleus2.jpg

Jeff

Nice! You look like a soldier in the prewar denim fatigues.

I like the service shoes. I wear my roughouts all the time. Nice to see another wearing WW2 footwear.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here you go, Marty. The cord loops through two grommets in the suspender cloth, and is surrounded by the spring. When the suspenders pull down, the spring compresses, and you get your elasticity to them. Also interesting is the way the bits you button to your pants hook on to the rest of them.
IMG_3953.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
vintage black wool tailor made navy pants
mountain hardwear shirt
1930s silk tie with raised white stripes, "resiliant construction"
1920s wool cap
1950s swedish pea coat (not pictured)
IMG_4582.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks.

imoldfashioned said:
That tie is a little bit of heaven Marty--you look great as always.

Imoldfashioned, you're the sweetest. Thank you.

Jovan said:
Marty, I seriously need to get some duds at your joint someday. Your clothing is consistently well fitting and tailored.

Thanks Jovan. You're right, you do need to get some duds from me someday.

Marty Mathis

Marty M. said:
Yesterdays outfit was a three piece brown plaid suit. Blue w/dark tan stripe and french cuff shirt. Deep, and I mean deap (did I say deep?) chocolate woven tie with large golden medalon. Allen Edmond brown country boot. Brown leather "Button" cuff links and a old Elgen pocket watch. Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

P1010206-2.jpg
[/IMG]

I love the tie -- what a special fabric. I like the choice.

Also, the fit of the vest is spot on. Often times, the vest length is tough to nail for most guys -- this is an example of how it's done, fellas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails