Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Josephine

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Ooo, I found one of the quotes I was thinking of: "Black is a hard color to wear; it absorbs your coloring. Youth is the best time to wear black, when you have an excess of vitality and pep."
Bess V. Oerke 1956

Lord knows at 40 I am WAY short on vitality and pep! lol Audry, you look great! :eusa_clap Just one tip, don't forget to stand up straight. :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
You are the sweetest thing ever! I remember reading beauty advice from the 50s that teenage girls are the only ones who can pull of wearing all black, or black near the face, because they have that bright, fresh, flawless (?) skin that will light it up. This is true with you :)

Ooo, I found one of the quotes I was thinking of: "Black is a hard color to wear; it absorbs your coloring. Youth is the best time to wear black, when you have an excess of vitality and pep."
Bess V. Oerke 1956

Black is my favorite, and I think it looks beautiful on me even though my skin is not flawless. I also think black looks good on older ladies. So I don't quite understand this advice. lol And AudreyH, you are smashing (in black)!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Gray Southwick suit (red and light gray pinstripe)
White shirt
"Photo Color Thoroughbreds" tie
brown shoes
monogrammed pocket square
curling pin
Semag watch
7x stetson

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
She also says that bright colors are for the young (teenage). I don't follow all the 50's advice, I just read it and spread it ;)

Laura Chase said:
Black is my favorite, and I think it looks beautiful on me even though my skin is not flawless. I also think black looks good on older ladies. So I don't quite understand this advice. lol And AudreyH, you are smashing (in black)!

AudreyH

Familiar Face
lol
Josephine said:
Lord knows at 40 I am WAY short on vitality and pep! lol Audry, you look great! :eusa_clap Just one tip, don't forget to stand up straight. :)
Don't worry I ALWAYS stand up straight, my mom was posing me so I had no choice. If I slouch it actually hurts my back and my friends make fun of me for it.

AudreyH

Familiar Face
@Laura Chase
Thanks.:)

Today I'm wearing:

MEmeeeee.jpg

Sorry it's not my full outfit. No one was near to take the picture of me so I had to reach out with the camera infront of me and stretch. I couldnt hold the phone far away enough. lol So I'll just tell you I'm wearing black slacks with this. :)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
I put together this outfit to show off my new brown derby. Brown suit, taupe shirt, striped vest, multicolor tie, Pelican braces, brown and cocoa pocket square, mercury dime cufflinks, gold double Edward chain with pocket watch, crown holder, and cigar cutter fob.

DSC04019CROP.jpg

DSC04030CROP.jpg

(photos, as usual, taken at the end of a very long work day... pardon all wrinkles and eye baggage)

funneman

Practically Family
Looking great Slim, as always.

I really like the new lid.

Like those mercury dime cufflinks too.

My father had a pair of those, with a matching tie tack.
but they were just a post soldered
onto the back of the dimes.
No fancy gold frame like yours.

I still wear 'em from time to time.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
funneman said:
I really like the new lid.

Like those mercury dime cufflinks too.

My father had a pair of those, with a matching tie tack.
but they were just a post soldered
onto the back of the dimes.
No fancy gold frame like yours.

I still wear 'em from time to time.
I think that's very touching. I hope that someday someone will wear something of mine and remember me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy