Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
I've been so sick recently that most of my days have been spent in my flannel pj's. It felt so nice to dress today.
3056893440_aa752b23a9.jpg

You look amazing in that!!!

Daily Gear

Today I am wearing my plain khaki pants, wool socks ,cord shirt,tweed vest,Quoddy camp mocks,fedora hat(of course) Carhardt tan truckers jacket,peccary gloves,silk cravat,elephant hair bracelet,Omega 40s gold rectangle wristwatch and carring my type IV military brief.Also my Canon IIf rangefinder for those unexpected photos.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I've been so sick recently that most of my days have been spent in my flannel pj's. It felt so nice to dress today.

Stunning!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You always look soo beautiful!!

Glad you are feeling better.. I bet those Flannel Pj's were quite comfy! :p

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Darhling said:
First day with snow so I have to stay warm (need proper winter shoes/boots though).

Navy & cream striped sweater from H&M
Cream skirt from toprunway (so snuggly and warm!!)
Black warm stockings from Wolford
Black suede shoes from Zara (bad choice for snow, I know!)

Great as usual, Darhling. You always look so classy and well put-together.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
Today after I got back from curling
c1937 black wool overcoat
white shirt
argyle sweatervest
'30s brown tie
charcoal flannel trousers
gray braces
brown leather shoes
tweed flat cap

As usual, looking sharp, Dinerman. I am constantly envious of your complete together-ness with respect to attire.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
Most expensive thing I'm wearing there are my shoes, which cost me 20 bucks.

Outstanding frugality, sir. You should be proud - if I could find things that looked so good for such little outlay of cash, I'd be thrilled.

carter

I'll Lock Up
This was Monday afternoon at a Hallmark store.

3058026575_389cf6a17a.jpg

I decided to go Recession-chic.
Johnston & Murphy distress split-toe Signature Series shoes from the Salvation Army Store, $19.99.
Polo distressed khakis from a thrift store, $6.99.
Gap workshirt from the Salvation Army, $3.99.
Brooks Bros tie from a thrift store, $2.99.
Stevens Pacesetter fedora, resized and reblocked by Jimmy Pierce, $25.00 purchase plus the price of resize/reblock/ribbon/sweatband. Approximately $85.00.
Jos A Bank lambskin jacket, $199.00.

Nothing very old except the Pacesetter.
Total for shoes, pants, shirt, and tie comes to less than $35.00. I may dress like this until the economy recovers!

Trotsky

A-List Customer
No picture, at work:

1940's Grey Tweed Wool work trousers
silk braces
White Preswich and Moore polo collar shirt
Dark blue Paisley tie, late '40s, perhaps?
Redwing Gentleman Travelers
Dobbs Navy Blue Fedora
Coleman Pocketwatch
Old Navy Overcoat (one of favorites, actually, surprising that it's from Old Navy, three button, knee length)

carter

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:

kamicat, You look stunning in your recovery garb! Those flannel pj's must work wonders. :) I hope you are sufficiently recovered to have an enjoyable Thanksgiving. carter

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Happy Thanksgiving

Today, on my way to Clifton's Cafeteria in downtown L.A., I'm wearing the suit in my avatar, but with a Pilgrim cravat (early Bold Age green, grey, and brown) and a Lite Felt (Capas Design) hat with a larger crown and smaller brim, more in accordance with a suit produced during WWII.

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Haven't posted here for a few weeks; these are from the last two, can't exactly remember when.

An attempt at biz casual:

DSC06912.jpg
DSC06924.jpg

DSC06916.jpg

Is there something called biz tweed? (I work in a cold, old building.):

DSC06949.jpg
DSC06950.jpg

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
Right now striped pajamas,but earlier:

Gray cardigan

Blue check sport shirt

Navy slacks

J&M split toes

-I had expected to be poked fun at,but I actually got several compliments.

59Lark

Practically Family
undertaker I AM NOT 59Lark.

Sadly no photos, techo wizard I am not. The current music is the sound track from Tucker, joe jackson on a record player. The days clothing chose, long overcoat in italian casmere black sewn in montreal, magill grey fedora with wide brim, red feather, black trousers,green shirt, black cardigian, blue clip on tye, police style. parker pen robins egg green, black martino zipper dress boats made in montreal. My fondest comment in this winter outfit is , when is the sitting at the home, the funeral home. Are undertakers the only well dressed businessman left. A young man commented at a local toys are us, in london ontario, we alway remember your family, your husband stands out with his style, something like that. Thats okay with me, live in this world but be not of it. MY brothers comment is , your with it, your only fifty years behind. I would love to get a cammel hair overcoat such as i had twenty years ago and wore till the fabric was shot. That coat now that was class, but am told that such a coat made in montreal would cost $1000. dollars now. MY best two stories about that coat,, i would wear it with a tye, and good slacks, once was out with two very coarse individuals and a young man trying to impress his girl out in his fathers buick electra cut us off and gave us the finger and this was not wise. The driver of our car a buick centcurion was a former criminal armed robbery, he cut them off and the other man a viet vet jumped up on the roof of the electra and the couple sat in the locked car screaming. I GOT out of the back seat and starting walking the other way, a elderly couple stopped me and said are they your friends , no sir I am their parole officer and if i see what they are going to do, I MIGHT have to put them back in prison so i am out of here. The old couple just about .......... and at that point the young kid apologized and everyone left and no blood. KOOL overcoat. 59LARK :eek:fftopic:

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Well, let's see here. No new pics, but yesterday for cleaning I wore a dark emerald green short-sleeved blouse, with a slight grey pattern to it, something like a paisley, but soft, and only the outlines, paired with a black pencil skirt and alternating between a black cardigan and my second-favorite apron. With nude-colored tights and sturdy black shoes, topped off with my favorite emerald half-sphere screw back earrings and a delicate gold chain necklace, I was all set.

Today, I've also got on nude tights and the same shoes, but with a sort of a mossy-green pencil skirt and a cream turtleneck instead of the proper jacket for the skirt, garnished with a poinsettia pin and small gold earrings fashioned like flowers, and again with the apron/cardi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24