Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

just_me

Practically Family
funneman said:
Charcoal gray Stanley Blacker suit with brown pinstripes.

Ron2.jpg
You look great. Love the tie.

funneman

Practically Family
Thanks just_me. (Blushes) I really like the pic of you in your hat in the Hat thread.

-kools, I'm loving your ties, where do you find 'em?

-slim, dapper as always.

-tikismall, seams! seams! seams!

kools

Practically Family
My ties have just been picked up here & there over the last 15-20 years. I've found that wearing cool ties around often gets you unsolicited tie "donations". Often hideous, but occasionally remarkable.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
kools said:
My other new tweed: 1940s "Brooks Sportswear"
1940s brown gabardine pants
Late '40s/early '50s tie...Schuster's, Milwaukee
AE Dryden-chestnut

P1020446-1.jpg

P1020449.jpg

P1020448.jpg
P1020450.jpg

What I am loving is not just the appropriate period correct clothing but how they are juxtaposed with the appropriate architecture...stacked stone walls etc...like an early Rock Hudson film....Fabulous mate!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :p :p

The Shooman

Practically Family
Mainly American today

Todaysoutfit2.jpg

Pocketsquare just thrown in for the photo...looks soooo bad lol (l don't have one to go with that outfit yet. Australia is scare for good hankies and l don't do online purchases 99% of the time)
Todaysoutfit3-1.jpg

* summer Oxxford coat
* grey Oxxford pants (made short on purpose)
* Thurston braces
* J&M Handmade shoos
* R.M.Williams brown wool sox
* bespoke shirt
* Drakes tie
* vintage cufflinks

Had to visit a show and maestro Dr King.

Snappy Dressers

I must admit from the pic`s the folks here look very natty indeed!I myself don`t have the time to fashion myself almost everyday like some.I do have enough apparal in the house,but I have the kind of job that has no dress code.I work in an office at a shipyard on Staten Island NY.Most of the guys wear jeans,work shirts and boots,there is not much fashion taste there.Most days it`s khakis,fedora,field coat,Browns Beach vest and moccasins.I admire the people that spend time to get spiffed up.

The Shooman

Practically Family
kaiser said:
Shooman, those are really great looking Shoes !

Thanks mate!

l really love these shoes. Beautiful last, close cut bevelled waist and beautiful French calfskin used for the uppers. Something really amazing is the fine stitching of the uppers. They are stitched 16 stitches per inch; some of the finest stitching on Ready-To-Wear you will find almost anywhere in the world. The Johnston & Murphy Handmade shoe is a beautiful shoe that is almost a work of art. lt is one of my most appreciated dress shoes in my collection. But...i'm not overly impressed with how the heal is attached to the upper (seems flimsy).

Panache

A-List Customer
My wife gave me a new deer stalker hat this morning for Valentine's Day (by the by, a deer stalker is a traditional Scottish Hat and not just a "Sherlock Holmes" costume piece) so I decided that this rainy day here in the Bay Area was perfect for a nice highland country gentleman sort of a look.

DSC08513.jpg

DSC08517.jpg

It's a really nice hat of a durable wool /acrylic blend made in Scotland by GlenAppin.

Cheers

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran