Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Kansas

Paddy:The topography there looks like the prairre lands in the midwest US,the pictures tell me you live in a rural area,it certainly looks like pheasant country to me.The pictures you posted bring back fond memories of my pheasant hunting days,double gun cradled in the crook of my arm,my springer bouncing throught the fields.Where I was born used to be rural,but so called progress has destroyed my county.I must drive 3hrs to grouse hunt now,and my springer is long gone,it`s tough on these old knee`s to "rough" hunt the elusive ruffed grouse,anyway you always look well dressed and have a spot on sense for fashion.Brian B.Tompkins Lodge #471 SINY.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dressed for the countryside...

Because I'm up and about pretty early with 'the boys,' I get to see pheasant, grouse, plenty of BIG Hares (the boys give them a run for their money, and these Hares are at times bigger than the dogs and 'oh so beautiful' to watch in the wild), birds of prey (falcons, owls), Canadian Geese, swans, dippers, deer..and the list goes on.
It is a rural area (marked as a European area of natural beauty I believe) and 'I love it' because of that. Having just been in Boston and Chicago (especially), well the hussle and bussle of the city couldn't be further removed from here.
I'll dress in a vintage suit for work (as required) and for journeys to the city, but day-to-day it's farming / hunting country and one dresses accordingly to the demands of that environment (functionality comes first - but doesn't mean lumberjack shirts; baseball caps; nylon jogging pants! more like waxed jackets, moleskins, woolen jerseys, stout boots/wellingtons..etc, and good head wear!).

Edward

Bartender
Darhling said:
Old photo , same outfit! But I am wearing light grey suede pumps at work and then when meeting my girlfriends later, the red satin peeptoe shoes come on!

DSC02157.jpg

Stunning.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I most heartily agree...

Gorgeous Metropd! Great to see such wonderful style on one so young- you must be like, what ...25, right?

But the question is- can you dance the Argentino Tango to go with that killer look? Just a suggestion...;) Hey, after DS gets out of middle school today I'm gonna show him these pics. He's a Fred Astaire wannabe at age 12-1/2.

Marc Chevalier said:
Once again, Metropd channels Argentine tango singers and dancers from the 1930s. ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Sweet dress Darhling, love those shoes-

Where do you work that you can dress vintage?? I'm needing to reenter the work force myself and work someplace that I can wear all the vintage and vintage inspired clothing I've got.

Darhling said:
Old photo , same outfit! But I am wearing light grey suede pumps at work and then when meeting my girlfriends later, the red satin peeptoe shoes come on!

DSC02157.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Edward, ClaraB & ChanteuseCarey.. regarding dressing vintage to work, I tone it down for work. I hardly wear seamed stockings, red lipstick or killer heels at work, but keep them in my handbag for later if I am going out. I just wear clothes that can be described as elegant & feminine but with a touch of vintage. The grey dress can easily be dressed 'down' with other shoes, stockings without seam and my hair tied back.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Very smooth look Metropd, I totally dig it.
Darhling: I love the dress, is a Betty Page one, or Stop Staring?? It suits you like a glove to the hand.
Lorena

metropd

One Too Many
Thank you. BTW my friend who is a professional Tango Dancer said she would teach me personally how to dance the Tango.;) I Love to dance but I'm more of a 70's SOUUUUUL Train Dancer. I think the Passion will work itself out nicely in the Tango.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
vintage for last night

vintage pieces:
lavendar 30's raffia hat from seller in UK
lt. purple teardrop beads used to make earrings
boucle' coat with fur down the front, glove length sleeves
1930's wristwatch
blue short gloves
30's or 40's pattern used to make navy wool crepe skirt
lt brown corde' purse
beige flats shoes
360185156.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Metropd - you are always incredibly stylish!

Feeling very 'candystriper' today and the weather was amazing!

Red & white striped dress from Big Fish vintage line. The shoulders are gorgeously square!
My favorite red satin shoes.
Red ribbon in hair.

02042009013.jpg

Edward

Bartender
metropd said:
Thank you. BTW my friend who is a professional Tango Dancer said she would teach me personally how to dance the Tango.;) I Love to dance but I'm more of a 70's SOUUUUUL Train Dancer. I think the Passion will work itself out nicely in the Tango.

Jings, is that uniform in your avatar for real? Brings a whole new relevancy to the old "Aren't policemen looking young nowadays"!! :eek:

metropd

One Too Many
Edward said:
Jings, is that uniform in your avatar for real? Brings a whole new relevancy to the old "Aren't policemen looking young nowadays"!! :eek:

Yes. That's my(was) uniform. The Picture was taken a year ago. I graduated the Cadet academy and decided I wanted to be a hatter not a police officer. The Chief was not happy.lol lol lol :eek::eek: :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran