Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
boater.jpg

New straw boater from Florence
Oxblood and white wingtips (cheapies from Brentano; I now agree with Hem that they are not comfortable even though I contradicted him on that a couple of years ago)
1940s tie I got from my friend from Spokane whose adopted grandfather passed away and left him all his ties
Braided leather suspenders
Linen trousers
German sunglasses, probably 1930s, Zyl

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Wore this out dancing tonight. The shirt is something modern that I puchased. The jumper is made from Simplicity 3673-- I used the fuller skirt option and used the waistband as a guide for the straps.

A friend snapped these of my dancing with one of my regular dance partners.
04-21-09005-1.jpg
04-21-09004-1.jpg

MarkL

One of the Regulars
What an outfit!!!!

Dear GIJoe,

I love the entire outfit. The ascot is an absolutely perfect touch, and you wear it so well!!!!

Great, great look!

Gijoe said:
- Panama Hat
- mytailor custom made shirt
- Polka dot ascot tie
- Black hollywood waist trouser
- Vintage halfbelt sport blazer, (a early sunday morning ebay bargain)
- enough time to play with Photoshop
- and hey Guys and gals in this forum, your style is great , and inspires me

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee, you're cute as a button! I love it all, especially the shoes and the jewelry (I thought the bracelet spelt WHOOPEE at first!lol )

Hello Dream Girl! (and she can sew too!):)
04-21-09005-1.jpg
04-21-09004-1.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
TheSwingingBee, you're cute as a button! I love it all, especially the shoes and the jewelry (I thought the bracelet spelt WHOOPEE at first!lol )

lol lol lol lol Awwww Cherry!!

GiJoe, really cool pictures! You have a great style that looks so natural (a hard task!). :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Actually from Saturday...

We went to a Hangar Dance for historical aircraft preservation this past weekend. This was my "civilian" look. When we walked in, an older gentleman looked at me and said "John Dillinger." I wasn't sure if that was meant as a compliment or an insult, so I just smiled and laughed politely [huh]

3467380538_3ae33870e0.jpg

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Again very nice looking Forum Members !

Today is a warm day here and i found my new Hawaii Shirt in the letter Box.

- Panama Hat
- Crimson Hawaii Shirt with flowers and fruits
- 1955 Pattern US Army Shorts
- Waltham Army Watch
- Navy Blue Canvcas Shoes

wow

hey gijoe - looks very nice, good combination. feels like having summer holiday or some "important job to do" on cuba in the fifties ...

btw: interesting waltham - where do you got it and can you post a detail pic (maybe in the watch forum)?

thanks and - thumbs up!

@ griemersma: that's looking cool - wish I had been on that hangar dance, too! must have been the real fun! did you find out about "john dillinger"?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doran said:
New straw boater from Florence
Oxblood and white wingtips (cheapies from Brentano; I now agree with Hem that they are not comfortable even though I contradicted him on that a couple of years ago)
1940s tie I got from my friend from Spokane whose adopted grandfather passed away and left him all his ties
Braided leather suspenders
Linen trousers
German sunglasses, probably 1930s, Zyl

Spiffy looking outfit, Doran! I've got a boater en route from England - friends saw then in a shop in London and in a variety of sizes, and decided I'd get a kick out of it. Just the thing for summer, I suppose!

Macheath

One of the Regulars
kop.jpg

It took me a second to figure out that the colors in the jacket weren't coming out in the pictures because Photoshop was reading the red/green/blue plaid as "color noise" :eusa_doh:.

Well, is it? :rolleyes:

kop3.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Secretary Chic

Very simple and classic outfit today.

silkblouse with adorable bow in the back
Brown/grey pencilskirt
40s style suede pumps
seamed stockings
vintage lavender colored pearls
Taupe cropped cardigan (not shown)

I know my picture quality is horrible (and I look awful because of my insomnia) but at least the outfit is looking sharp :) .

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24