Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Warbaby

One Too Many
R_Arrowsmith5cr.jpg

Vintage Panama c.1910-15, midnight blue Givenchy blazer, Tootal ascot, linen trousers, white bucks.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
R_Arrowsmith5cr.jpg

Vintage Panama c.1910-15, midnight blue Givenchy blazer, Tootal ascot, linen trousers, white bucks.

Fantastic!!!!!! Sharp and yet relaxed.
(Luckily gents like you and I do not have to prove anything - like Silverstein said: I am so good, I don't have to brag!)
I like it a lot...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Christy

One of the Regulars
Not anything spectacular today, but I'm fond of it because my mom made me my dress. It needs to be taken in a bit, but I haven't had a chance to have her do it. I like my shoes, I purchased them about 8 years ago but I've only worn them about 4 times. I just remembered them yesterday so I figured I'd wear them.

09.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Warbaby, I like that outfit. Very well put together I think!

Quigley, your pics are always so evocative! I guess that bowtie is a clip-on? A lot of nice designs were apparently made just as clip-ons.

Paddy, you cut the Great White Hunter image flawlessly! I like those bush jackets when I see them so handsomely modeled, but I refrain from acquiring one - I am not sure about how could I justify it, unless for some outdoors activity.

CCarey, gorgeous as always!

Torpedo

One Too Many
I assembled a decidedly summery outfit today. I feel like this has some "sports" vibe, ponies or regatta events maybe... ;) Everything modern except the boater, a vintage Spanish model.

DSC_0726bis.jpg

DSC_0729bis.jpg

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Torp, that hat looks great on you. Christy, very nice look, and I wish my mom had made me things, though she knitted and made great things for the girls in the family.

Christy

One of the Regulars
Dan D, thank you. Everyone dresses so sharply on here, so I felt my outfit was kind of plain compared to all of the amazing ones on here. :)

Memphislawyer, thank you also. It's nice that my mom sews. My aunt does a lot of knitting and crocheting. I was actually supposed to make that dress because she was supposed to teach me with that pattern and material. But, she starts to tell me how to do something and then says, "Here, let me show you". Shortly after that, she just decides to do it herself. I think this has happened at least 3 times, lol. I've decided just to give her patterns and material now.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Christy said:
Dan D, thank you. Everyone dresses so sharply on here, so I felt my outfit was kind of plain compared to all of the amazing ones on here. :)
The outfit isn't everything, you know. Much is in how you wear it...

My aunt does a lot of knitting and crocheting. I was actually supposed to make that dress because she was supposed to teach me with that pattern and material. But, she starts to tell me how to do something and then says, "Here, let me show you". Shortly after that, she just decides to do it herself. I think this has happened at least 3 times, lol. I've decided just to give her patterns and material now.
What is it they say - it can't be taught, only learned. It's something to do with that standard of quality, something that makes it almost better to let it die out than pass it along...

High Pockets

Practically Family
Warbaby said:
R_Arrowsmith5cr.jpg

I gotta tell ya,.....that is a beautiful shot of a well dressed man.
You have inspired me my friend!

Christy,.....with all due respect ma'am;.......breathtaking.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
I wore this two Sunday evenings ago at the Cicada Club. The glass in the front doors is by Lalique, c. 1928.

Late 1930s belted-back jacket (from a 3-piece suit). Palm Beach Cloth necktie. Polo Ralph Lauren linen trousers. Mid 1930s spectator shoes.

MarcAugust09001.jpg

MarcAugust09002.jpg

Niiiice. The trousers really give it a kick.

Christy

One of the Regulars
High Pockets, thank you for the compliment.

Fletch said:
The outfit isn't everything, you know. Much is in how you wear it...
I like this, I'll have to remember it, thanks!

Fletch said:
What is it they say - it can't be taught, only learned. It's something to do with that standard of quality, something that makes it almost better to let it die out than pass it along...

I understand my mom always finishing it herself, I'd be that way too! I think sewing is a really important skill to have though.

I must say I'm extremely impressed with the way the ladies and gents here on the forum dress. I like to go and look back at older posts in this thread. So, thanks to everyone who shares their photos on this thread, they're very inspiring!

Bugsy

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
I wore this two Sunday evenings ago at the Cicada Club. The glass in the front doors is by Lalique, c. 1928.

Late 1930s belted-back jacket (from a 3-piece suit). Palm Beach Cloth necktie. Polo Ralph Lauren linen trousers. Mid 1930s spectator shoes.

MarcAugust09001.jpg

MarcAugust09002.jpg

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff