Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
My first vintage sport coat. It's from the 1950's. The tie is vintage too and the tie clip is my dad's from around 1960. Everything else is recent. I'm proud to finally own a jacket made during the Golden Era. :D
P1211507.jpg

P1211509edited.jpg

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
avedwards said:
Brilliant look for snow. Elegant but practical.

Could you post some pictures of the overcoat please? The coat in my avatar is made of loden and I'd be interested to see if yours is the same as mine.

Sure - I will get some pics of it in good light - mine is made by Burberry, with the Austrian style shoulders and the long vent in back.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
We've been having pretty cold nasty snowy weather here recently. Over the weekend, variations on this, paired with the tall maine hunting shoes.

P1020275.jpg

CliffG

One of the Regulars
This picture taken with Kodak kodachrome color film, the yer 1949. It is from the view of the husband the day he came home early from work, she is surprised as he peaks in to see her busy with her daily chores. Notice the happy to see her husband look in her face, as she hides the fact she is slightly embarrassed he has caught her in her daily chore clothing and not all dolled up like she always is at 5:30 when he comes home to his wife. She is as eager to hear about his day at work as he is to enjoy her home cooking and warm smile.
The war took him away for a while but now she has him back and she is going to enjoy every minute!

I hope this was not taken wrong, it was sincerely a compliment

100_1800.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lorena B

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
We've been having pretty cold nasty snowy weather here recently. Over the weekend, variations on this, paired with the tall maine hunting shoes.

P1020275.jpg
I love that coat, looks great!!!
Still i must say you kind of remind me to the invisible man movie (hey don't take it in the bad way ;) )
Around here (Spain) has been pretty bad and cold too so i am sure i got to look like that too:)

alden405

A-List Customer
Hamilton_Honey said:
Thank you, Dahrling - you are so sweet!

I've reached that "worn-in and comfy" stage of life, but no need to be frumpy about it!

To be honest Hamilton Honey and Darhling are the main reason i check this thread daily.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Had such an amazing evening!

Took a pic in the very swanky powder room of this evenings restaurant, but it isn't sharp, so it isn't worth posting really.

But, wore my black stop staring dress, shown a million times and for the first time ever, my most treasured shoes (and yes they were GREATLY appriciated ;) ) powder coloured satin with lace on top. Perfection. And very easy to trot around in too!!

29012010001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran