Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

MarcusB

Familiar Face
MarcusB said:
Me today :D.

DSCF6390.jpg
This is how I actually wear a tie when I'm playing in my band :D. I'm the singer/guitarist.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
CliffG said:
This picture taken with Kodak kodachrome color film, the yer 1949. It is from the view of the husband the day he came home early from work, she is surprised as he peaks in to see her busy with her daily chores. Notice the happy to see her husband look in her face, as she hides the fact she is slightly embarrassed he has caught her in her daily chore clothing and not all dolled up like she always is at 5:30 when he comes home to his wife. She is as eager to hear about his day at work as he is to enjoy her home cooking and warm smile.
The war took him away for a while but now she has him back and she is going to enjoy every minute!

I hope this was not taken wrong, it was sincerely a compliment

100_1800.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for describing Nirvana c1949.....now back to reality 2010...lol lol

sproily

Practically Family
draws said:
Sproily, that combo is great. I especially like the shirt. Awesome!

Thanks! It's a Woolrich heavy wool shirt. Very 30's style from what I could see in some old catalogues. Usually worn with skiing trousers. Found it at a thrift store for 3€ :p

CliffG said:
This picture taken with Kodak kodachrome color film, the yer 1949. It is from the view of the husband the day he came home early from work, she is surprised as he peaks in to see her busy with her daily chores. Notice the happy to see her husband look in her face, as she hides the fact she is slightly embarrassed he has caught her in her daily chore clothing and not all dolled up like she always is at 5:30 when he comes home to his wife. She is as eager to hear about his day at work as he is to enjoy her home cooking and warm smile.
The war took him away for a while but now she has him back and she is going to enjoy every minute!

I hope this was not taken wrong, it was sincerely a compliment
[/QUOTE]

Cliff, what a nice compliment! And I like that you saw a story in this snap :)

See, I told everyone that apron was romantic!!

sproily

Practically Family
Thanks!

Yep, that's why I chose the detachable club collar with contrasting striped shirt (Thanks Anthony!) and period white super soft chamois gloves (really amazing ones with a snap button different from any other I've seen before). I'm not sure about the waistcoats exact age but they've been using those from late 19th century 'til 1920's. It's old all right. Trousers are for a 30's (?) morning suit. I used a tie pin but sadly it doesn't show very well.

CliffG

One of the Regulars

Cliff, what a nice compliment! And I like that you saw a story in this snap :)

See, I told everyone that apron was romantic!![/QUOTE]

I really enjoy all of the photographs that are posted here, and I do see a story in so many of the photographs, my mind runs away with it's self especially since I do not know any one in these photographs.
It is obvious that a lot of you put a lot of time into these photographs and get every thing just right for a specific look, some of Dinerman's photos; I think he wants a specific look that is going to speak differently to anyone who sees it, and they still leave you wondering what the artist was trying to capture and coming back for one more interpitation.
Thanks again to everyone who puts their mug on this thread.
Cliff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran