Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Nick D said:
I got a couple self-tie bows from Tie Rack when the Leeds store closed down last year. They are not favourites I'm afraid, the fabric frays very easily, but they get worn from time to time.

Oh I agree, they are not great. But they are reasonably priced and they are selling them on the high street so there must be a market for them. And they could lead people on to better quality or vintage versions.

And the more people who know how to tie their own bow tie the better...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Edward said:
Wanda Jackson... the Lady can still scream up a storm...
:eek:fftopic: Wanda and Elvis were very close back in the day.

Uploaded22April2010026.jpg
6a00d83453083969e201156f33b688970c-.jpg

Scotus

One of the Regulars
Maguire said:
I went for a long (roughly 6 hours) walk, it was a hot day here in Ireland, but i have no car so i have to make do. I got a second hand jacket and shirt from some folks in clare in a van and thats basically what i've got here. Nothing special, but i'm not trying to stand out more than i do already.

DSCF2394.jpg

Love the look, and I like the little shrine to St. Patrick there!

Edward

Bartender
AntonAAK said:
Had you noticed that they've started selling self tie bow ties and cravats in Tie Rack recently?

When you see stuff like that on the high street it's a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I did see those, some nice looking cravats too (which surprised me more, as they're not exactly "creative black tie" territory), though I thought they were a little pricey, compared to what is available of an equivalent quality online...

Tomasso said:
:eek:fftopic: Wanda and Elvis were very close back in the day.

Oh ,she made mention of that. ;)

Edward

Bartender
cherry lips said:
Ooo you're so lucky you got to see (and meet!) Wanda!

I gather she's played the UK semi-regularly the last few years, since she came back out of retirement. I'm still finding my feet on the scene, so this is the first time I was aware - actually because she was performing with Imelda May and her boys. Absolutely fantastic performer, and she was adorable offstage. Her husband, who is also her manager, came out with her after the show and they set up a little merchandise table, him doing the selling and her doing the signing. Really sweet, quite happy to chat with folks, no sense of being rushed on for the next cash buyer.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
zetwal said:
Is that a toilet plunger and a bottle of vodka? OK what's the story? ;)

The steel base off of a '40s gooseneck lamp I'm rewiring, and a bottle of water I was using to clean the residue off of a side table I'm working on re-finishing. The fish tank's just a fish tank.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Er...6'1" last time I looked, but the sheer weight of life resting on my shoulders may have shortend me a bit over the years... ;) :D
Hmmm...come to think of it...not really. That's why I usually will have to let out the cuffs on my pants. :rolleyes:

There is a nice little scene in The Man Who Knew Too Much where Jimmy Stewart is having a few troubles in a restaurant due to his long legs while Doris Day is trying hard not to laugh...

Jimmy-Stewart's-Long-Legs.jpg

:eek:fftopic: I watched that last night on DVD, and today I see your post!

The DVD copy isn't great, it's actually a powerful movie (the emotions/distress etc.)

:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran