Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your 2019 leather jacket buying plans or aspirations?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
My plan is a collar replacement. It would be a waste to do a remake and the jacket fits great.

Some nice Langlitzes in this thread.
Precisely. And even though you have had a few disappointments, I think we can all agree here that your Langlitz is possibly the best fitting/highest form of art that can be found in a jacket. Amidst all of your upsets I would call this a long-term win overall; just counting this jacket alone. Totally just beautiful!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Thedi
9D1DA05C-8022-4BC2-80E7-54E0C4987A27.jpeg
E9F957A4-C531-4B04-80C9-CEDDE5421591.jpeg

I like the "cardigan" style collar in
the tradition of Lindbergh jacket.
636D5258-0F9D-4B7E-A894-3F6E7C8B29B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Seank

A-List Customer
Should be receiving my new black steerhide HWM any day now... it was sent via UPS last week but because of this damn snow we are getting in Seattle, they won’t deliver it. Hoping for a break in the weather soon so I can finally receive it, however...Carrie sent me this pic to tease me until it finally arrives (hoping today is the day!)

Attachments

• E9879B3C-52BD-40D3-B5F7-896EFD0B9692.jpeg
    E9879B3C-52BD-40D3-B5F7-896EFD0B9692.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 2,359

Dphillip

Familiar Face
Carrie sent me this pic to tease me until it finally arrives (hoping today is the day!)

Colin and his misfortune has me really focused on collars now. The collar in that photo appears perfect.

Colin, I hope you get the collar sorted out, the jacket looks exceptional on you.

Colin G

One Too Many
Colin and his misfortune has me really focused on collars now. The collar in that photo appears perfect.

Colin, I hope you get the collar sorted out, the jacket looks exceptional on you.

Collar is about 1/2" longer on one side so in person it looks really odd.

The jacket will get back to them early next week. They say just a few days turnaround time on fixing the collar and then it will be sent back to me. Hopefully in 3 weeks it will be back and ready to wear just as the weather starts to warm up.

-20 C right now here and still tons of snow, so not leather jacket weather anyway.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Collar is about 1/2" longer on one side so in person it looks really odd.

The jacket will get back to them early next week. They say just a few days turnaround time on fixing the collar and then it will be sent back to me. Hopefully in 3 weeks it will be back and ready to wear just as the weather starts to warm up.

-20 C right now here and still tons of snow, so not leather jacket weather anyway.

Are they covering the shipping both ways?

Dphillip

Familiar Face
Hey Colin, I was referring to the photo of Seank jacket that has the perfect collar. I agree with you the collar on your jacket looks off. That would bother me forever, glad it’s being sorted out.
Regards
D

I'm so enamored with my Pike Bros N1 that i'm going to go ahead and order it's successor, the A2. Am I in danger of becoming a military jacket guy? Will I abandon leather jackets entirely? It's certainly possible...I do wish they made this in Navy Blue...
Deck-Jacket-A2_600x600.png

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I'm so enamored with my Pike Bros N1 that i'm going to go ahead and order it's successor, the A2. Am I in danger of becoming a military jacket guy? Will I abandon leather jackets entirely? It's certainly possible...I do wish they made this in Navy Blue...
Deck-Jacket-A2_600x600.png
I like the color and style of your jacket!
What type or style number is it?

During my days in the tv news as a cameraman, I wore mostly military
clothing of all sorts depending on
how freezing it was when I had to
be out there.
This one made it possible:
08268060-8276-434B-A5DA-2C05732EB692.png

Some would kid me that I looked like
I came from a war movie.
I didn't care or mind...
all I know was that I was warm! :D

Seank

A-List Customer
Had to go to the UPS store myself because they still won’t deliver...but just got it. The anticipation!! It’s better than Christmas (unless you are getting an Aero for Christmas)...

Attachments

• AA66C874-89D9-4651-BF36-42D1BEEC86A1.jpeg
    AA66C874-89D9-4651-BF36-42D1BEEC86A1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,379

Seank

A-List Customer
And here it is!! This steerhide feels great. Feels thicker than my last HH jacket, but not overwhelmingly any heavier. It’s actually more comfortable right out of the box than the HH was. Looks and feels very nice.
My previous HWM was a size 38, but the shoulders and neck always felt to tight but the size 40 jacket was WAY to big in the body....so I ended up doing a split size on this. Took a size 40 standard HWM and had it tapered down to a standard size 38 in the waist by asking Aero to take an inch out of each side panel. Seems to have done the job. Also added zippered sleeves.

Attachments

• 11ED4733-4E8F-4B1B-AA49-D6B8BE423600.jpeg
    11ED4733-4E8F-4B1B-AA49-D6B8BE423600.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 2,381
  • ABB5F4A4-8842-4D2F-BA00-BF4A42AD4D01.jpeg
    ABB5F4A4-8842-4D2F-BA00-BF4A42AD4D01.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 2,420

Dphillip

Familiar Face
And here it is!!

Jacket looks great, well done you!

Give us the details? Did she measure you personally or over the phone, did you chose every aspect or go by her recommendation, how long from deposit to delivery, I need the info for future reference.
Thanks

Seank

A-List Customer
Jacket looks great, well done you!

Give us the details? Did she measure you personally or over the phone, did you chose every aspect or go by her recommendation, how long from deposit to delivery, I need the info for future reference.
Thanks
I met her several times to do fitting, I live in Seattle and so It makes it easy to meet her in person. This is also the 6th aero jacket I have purchased and have made plenty of sizing mistakes in the past whether it’s been shoulder width, style, sleeve length etc...it’s been a lot of trial and error to find the style, fit, size, etc that I prefer but I think I finally got it.
I chose every aspect, but again, it’s because I have owned a lot of jackets in the past and have been figuring out what I like and would change about each one, it’s always a work in progress towards the next one.
I made the deposit on 12/1/18, put a hold on the order for about a week to make some changes to my original order and the jacket was shipped to me on 2/08/19, got held up at UPS, and I finally received it today 2/14/19.
Hope this helps.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
John Chapman of GoodWear leather jacket
sent me a test leather jacket with my size.

I was able to determine how it fit and if
there were any modifications, I wrote the
details of what I wanted changed or
modified.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just put in an order for a new Ciano Farmer denim jacket. I spoke with him the other day and asked him if he could make me a copy of the Lee Storm Rider, complete with horse blanket liner, zigzag stitch up the front, and a corduroy collar. He replied that he has made several of those recently and would happy to make one for me.
Funny because the original purpose of my phone call was to find out where the jeans that I ordered six months ago were. I couldn’t leave well enough alone though, and once I’d gotten a status report on the jeans I went immediately into my questions about the Storm Rider.
Knowing Ciano, I will not have this jacket anytime soon. I’m sure it will be spectacular when it arrives though.

D

Deleted member 16736

My jacket buying plans (in no particular order):

1. Lewis Leathers Countryman in dark brown sheepskin (and no Lewis Leathers patch!)

2. Harley-Davidson Cycle King Jacket

3. Schott Vintage-Model Perfecto (due out in August/September and don't know what they'll be yet)

4. Aero Original Hercules in russet goat and Sunset Red quilted lining

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner