Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your 2019 leather jacket buying plans or aspirations?

Colin G

One Too Many
Damn man. All this means is that your patience will be rewarded in spades. Sucks though.

Langlitz 2.0 showed up today. Back it goes.

The collar is longer on one side than the other and looks pretty odd.

This is 4 for 4 now if you count the original Langlitz and the remake. I am about to say F it. I hope they cover postage back to me since this is not a fit issue but an error on their part. I can't keep on shelling out cash for postage.

It is getting ridiculous. It will be $300 CAD I'll have spent on shipping the original from Langlitz to me, sending it back for a remake, paying to get 2.0 sent to me and now sending it back again. This is quite frustrating.

How do you not notice that?

DSC_0014.JPG

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here

This is 4 for 4 now if you count the original Langlitz and the remake. I am about to say F it. I hope they cover postage back to me since this is not a fit issue but an error on their part. I can't keep on shelling out cash for postage.

It is getting ridiculous. It will be $400 CAD I'll have spent on shipping the original from Langlitz to me, sending it back for a remake, paying to get 2.0 sent to me and now sending it back again.

View attachment 155293
I’m sorry to hear (and see) that Colin. I would not be happy with a collar that looked like that either. Langlitz has great customer service but that isn’t much consolation when they can’t seem to get your jacket right...
How is the fit aside from the wonky collar?

It is getting ridiculous. It will be $300 CAD I'll have spent on shipping the original from Langlitz to me, sending it back for a remake, paying to get 2.0 sent to me and now sending it back again. This is quite frustrating.

View attachment 155293
Man that’s straight up bullshit. At this point they should fix the collar and kick you back 1/2 the jacket cost.

Colin G

One Too Many
I’m sorry to hear (and see) that Colin. I would not be happy with a collar that looked like that either. Langlitz has great customer service but that isn’t much consolation when they can’t seem to get your jacket right...
How is the fit aside from the wonky collar?

Fit is pretty good but I only had it on a few minutes until I noticed the weird collar. Sleeves are a tad long this time but better a bit long than short. This jacket is going to double as a motorcycle jacket also and the sleeves will be perfect for that.

I'll wear it again tomorrow when I am not so annoyed.

I don't care about the wait. I am just getting sick of burning money on postage. I had to send two other jackets back so it is getting expensive at this point with my bad luck.

Friend, it is not my decade! One more year and its over.
Ultimately you are going to get what you paid for. The repeated blunders would have me blowing my stack though. I’d be demanding compensation or a refund here. That collar looks careless in the photos. NFG. Period. The fold looks the same at the neck line. They blew the points though. Big time.

Colin G

One Too Many
I was messing with the collar while the jacket was fully zipped so that is probably why the fold looks a bit strange. There is a lot of liner in there also but that is a langlitz thing I imagine. Version 1.0 was like that also.

I love hijacking my own thread with my own complaining.

download (1).jpg

AlexB

One of the Regulars

View attachment 155293

It’s 16 vs 19 stitches from seam to the corner/radius. Yes, the left side (19) is folded slightly sharper...however, if that makes the difference?!...I doubt it.
Feel your hassle!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 155293

Nothing a sharp pair of scissors can't remedy. :eek:

On a more serious note, I'm sorry to hear about your setbacks. I sincerely hope you get things worked out to your satisfaction, and without any further expenditures.

Fine Creek leather perfecto inbound! Expect to receive it this weekend, weather pending! Which means probably not for another 4 weeks... fingers crossed!

I have my eye on a FCL jacket due to be released next month. I'm looking forward to your hearing your impressions. Congrats.

Mysteryo

One Too Many

View attachment 155293
I have the feeling that nowadays, if you want a perfect Langlitz Jacket, you'd better order through Langlitz Japan.

Colin G

One Too Many
I have the feeling that nowadays, if you want a perfect Langlitz Jacket, you'd better order through Langlitz Japan.

The Japanese jackets are still made in the USA. They just get shipped over there.

The jacket is quite nice with just that little hiccup. Maybe I'll post a pic later of the full jacket now that I am not so annoyed with the situation. The back panel and action back is the best part I think.

Colin G

One Too Many
@Colin G.. is it worthwhile to soak the collar in water and try to shape it evenly? ive had success re-molding weird looking new collars that way..

The left collar point is actually 1/2" longer.

The collar is actually not overly thick like on some jackets so once they fix the lob sided issue, it will be fine.

ksozay

One Too Many
Nothing a sharp pair of scissors can't remedy. :eek:

On a more serious note, I'm sorry to hear about your setbacks. I sincerely hope you get things worked out to your satisfaction, and without any further expenditures.

I have my eye on a FCL jacket due to be released next month. I'm looking forward to your hearing your impressions. Congrats.

Let me know what jacket you are looking at. I've got both Leons and a Richard on the order list. Excited to see how these come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto