Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your 2019 leather jacket buying plans or aspirations?

So my Thedi showed up and the buttons are wrong and the sleeves are too short. Looks like 2" were taken off instead of 1".

So far that is two for two that are not right. The Langlitz and now this.

I'm kind of bummed out.

I can live with the wrong button colour but the sleeve length is wrong.

I forget. Did you go through Thurston Bro. with a try on jacket or just send measurements directly to Thedi..??

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
My plan is to sell all which I don't wear anymore and then AFTER that is done, get two last exit-jackets. A Johnson Leather Trucker and a Aero Brown CLX Bootlegger with mouton collar. I have no rush on either of these two projects though, I'm feeling the need much lesser these days than I used to. I rarely even check eBay. May actually be done after these two.

I am looking at boots a lot lately, though. Alden, Dinkelacker and then there's all those fancy-colored Doc Martens 1460s..

So... three jackets sold, one ordered (The Bootlegger!). 23 days in and still sticking to plan. I'm calling it a success.

willyto

One Too Many
I came here to enable: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AERO-STE...=item4d893666b7:g:514AAOSwVNNcPGmN:rk:44:pf:0

ghW8fCi.jpg

This one has to fit in someone's plan.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
My plan for 2019 is to really break in the jacket's I've got, and potentially order an Aero Cross zip for arrival in late fall. I've been wearing my Sheene or Bootlegger almost every day now that it's cold, but I am hoping to really tear into my Iron Heart trucker once it warms up. Its got some decent fades started but needs another few months before it really gets going. Would really like to hold off on purchases in general for a while and focus on appreciating what I already have.

Edward

Bartender
Why would I want to post in a place where men are not welcome? ;)

It's an interesting jacket in a unique style. Someone might like it.

No question there, it's a really sweet looking coat and the leather is something else - I don't think they offer this hide anymore - but yeah, the cuffs are a bit... I'm not sure I've ever seen such fur cuffs on a man's coat. Otherwise, everything else is just perfect!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Have a BK A-2 on the way.
Also waiting for AVI's new veg-tanned Bronco and/or Perry A-2. They have hinted at an M422a and a B-3 for later in the year.

Seank

A-List Customer
Waiting on my Black CXL Steerhide Highwayman now, and planning a Route 66 in brown CXL.

Colin G

One Too Many
Well guys, 2019 has been a bust so far. 3 of the 4 jackets I ordered in late 2018 have shown up not being made right. The Aero I ordered right when I first joined up here arrived today and is not even close. Way too big.

Wish me luck on the remakes since I am getting real tired of paying import tax on test fit jackets and then again on the actual product that is not right.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well guys, 2019 has been a bust so far. 3 of the 4 jackets I ordered in late 2018 have shown up not being made right. The Aero I ordered right when I first joined up here arrived today and is not even close. Way too big.

Wish me luck on the remakes since I am getting real tired of paying import tax on test fit jackets and then again on the actual product that is not right.

Sorry to hear that... hoping that all these setbacks pay off when the jackets come back!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I'm sure and cross my fingers for you that the size of the remaining 3 jackets will be right and that the Aero will fit after remaking it despite the additional import tax! For some reason the real sizes of my Aero jackets are all different - some are tight and some are a little bit lose....all are "bespoke" jackets...I also guess it depends who at Aero makes the jackets. So, good luck!!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Can you get a refund on the import taxes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko