Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your plans for Friday (12/21/12)?

As I understand it, this whole thing was cooked up by some nameless person doing Mayan research on their calendar. He noticed it ended today. If the Mayans were so preceint then why did their civilization disappear long before now? lol lol
The media got hold of it and away it went like every other nutjob idea thaqt has gone viral. I figure today is the beginning of the rest of my life. Time to celebrate. :p I think I'll go out and buy a Corvette in rememberance. :p

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
As I understand it, this whole thing was cooked up by some nameless person doing Mayan research on their calendar. He noticed it ended today. If the Mayans were so preceint then why did their civilization disappear long before now? lol lol
The media got hold of it and away it went like every other nutjob idea thaqt has gone viral. I figure today is the beginning of the rest of my life. Time to celebrate. :p I think I'll go out and buy a Corvette in rememberance. :p

Yes indeed, these folk lure predictions being as they are....I can predict, we will all be here and enjoying the Fedora Lounge no matter what the Mayan's have had to say. Please now, pass me the popcorn!

bulldog1935

Suspended
the Mayans calculated the mathematical precession of our solar system 1000 years before Kepler. It was so cool they had to write it down.
Just like the calendar, the Codex had to end somewhere. The last page of the Codex is a prayer to the water goddess to send bountiful rain. It was this page the charlatans said was the picture of the end of the world. The pop culture in the 70s was the Mayans were drawing pictures of aliens in space suits.
The Mayans counted in base-22, so they used every appendage they could find. The real question about the Mayans is whether their nose was one or two.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
If I died on the 21st, and this is heaven, can I go back to living in hell? (Just teasing ya)! I noted the ever lasting new day coming on the 22nd, my bowl of oatmeal seemed just as bleak as it did before, my dogs barked at everything that moved as always. and the world turns with or without going to Walmarts....(anyone get a Mayan Calendar coupon yet)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR