Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
SamMarlowPI said:
i have a question...

i've smoked plenty of different cigars and tonight i was smoking a nicaraguan-rolled cuban and when i got about halfway through i slowly blew out the smoke and accidentally kind of slightly drew in through my nose, not enough to inhale and choke, but just kind of pick up the trail of smoke and the taste of the cigar was just amazing...

i did it again to make sure it wasn't a mistake and i was just overwhelmed with how i could really smell and taste the cigar...

then i added a deep breath after and it was even better...

i don't know if any of that makes sense but...does anybody know what i am talking about?

i couldn't believe how it improved the over all essence or whatever of the cigar...maybe i'm just crazy but i did the same with a completely different cigar my friend was smoking and it did the same with that...so...

It's a great discovery Sam, isn't it?

It's generally referred to as Retrohaling, and Yes, it opens up new worlds of taste and flavor in cigars.
What most folks do is to blow out about 2/3rd's of the smoke you have in your mouth. Then, push the remaining smoke up against the roof of your mouth while exhaling thru your nose.
Smell is really the key to tasting, so it's no surprise that cigars get even better (or worse!) using this method.
Long Ashes!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Last night at work I had a Cubao. I don't normally like peppery cigars, and this one was very peppery. But It had massive flavor. Intense creaminess, earthiness, and intense pepper. It was a flavor powerhouse that definitely hit me but not in the gut. I will have to try another.:D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
A 10 year old Punch Ninfa (I have emptied my dads humidor for Ninfas!) and two glasses of Moet.

I wonder if I can still get a hold of the Ninfas dispite them being discontinued..

Darhling said:
A 10 year old Punch Ninfa (I have emptied my dads humidor for Ninfas!) and two glasses of Moet.

I wonder if I can still get a hold of the Ninfas dispite them being discontinued..

That all depends on how much you want to pay. ;) They are out there but aged cigars in good condition might be a bit expensive. A few years ago, they were going for 125 british pounds for a Novemeber 2002 made box. I have not priced them lately. You can always try the Por Larranaga Montecarlos as an alternative vitola though. :D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RP Spring robusto. Definitely becoming a first choice. I smoked the entire cigar without dropping an ash until I was throwing it away. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot